• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Packers! Packers!...

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisco, nothing to "get over". I'm happy with the FACT that the Pack came out on top of the Vikes. That's good enough for me. Quite honestly, I don't concern myself with things that are out of my control, or idolize teams for that matter. To me the Pack did win. The Eagles were 5 1/2 point favorites. Can you say......SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! $1200 big ones!!!! grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

[This message has been edited by can it be luck? (edited 01-13-2004).]

Any clown that questions Donte Culpepper has no business being a vikings fan. The packers fans are right about one thing they stick with their team, coaches, players, defense, etc through good and bad. I am a lifelong vikings fan and appreciate that we have some things to work on, but I will always support them. I also appreciate the good things we have. The best quarterback in the league for how long he has been in the NFL!!!!!!

I have lived in Mn my whole live and would love to see a good vikes team. But I am in touch with reality. And that is that Favre is 10 times the quarterback that pepper will ever be, or hope to be. Also if the vikes ever want to become even a decent team-get rid of Moss even if you just release him like the Bucs did with Keyshawn. Moss plays when he wants to which is the coaches fault and they should see to it that he plays every play or he's out of here. If they want to be a good playoff team get rid of pepper. Did you see manning yesturday the way he handled the game- you will never see that out of pepper

Well, I read the first post on this thread and the last one, and I doubt I'll tune in again.

So take this. I was born a Packer in LaCrosse, and loved them. Then, after moving to North Dakota as a child (not my choice), I rooted for the Vikings (my choice but a BAD choice). After they broke my heart in four Super Bowls, I decided the Viqueens weren't worthy of my heart, and went back to my birthright Packers. There I'll stay.

Vikings/Packers, blah, blah, blah. Blonds vs redheads vs brunettes, Strikemaster vs Jiffy vs Eskimo, Vexilar vs Marcum, Clam vs Otter, Chevy vs Ford vs Dodge vs Toyota. Blah, blah, blah.

Let's just fish and leave the stupid whining about sports teams to ESPN, eh? You wanna pule about football? Find a different forum! tongue.gif

------------------
"Worry less, fish more."
Steve Foss
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 01-13-2004).]

Moss, Keshawn, and Terrell Owens should hold a football camp for whinney, full-of-themselves high-school recievers, and teach them how to get overpaid. And how to properly celebrate a meaningless 15 yd. reception. Deon Sanders can finance it.

I know these queens don't have a quarterback that will win them the superbowl. But the rest of the team excluding the defense have been one of the best offenses in the league and Moss does have alot to do with that. I think he's cocky, lazy, and even a tid bit arrogant, but the fact of the matter is he is the biggest threat in the NFL. If Cunningham can have a 17 TD season and what 1800 yards with moss why can't cockpepper. WHERE'S THE LONGBALL? I'd love to see Moss with somebody like Elway or Steve Young of the present Era. Sorry got to ramblin' on about a team who'll never win a bowl. I'll just keep fishing for a trophy.

------------------
searchin skys for eyes

I have to say I'm tired of hearing all the Daunte bashing. He was one of the top rated QBs in the league, how can he be that bad?? Second, the reason Ahman Green had such a good season is because of #4. If Favre wasn't in there throwing the ball defenses wouldn't have to keep themselves honest. Finally to all the Packer fans bashing Moss, I'll see what you guys say next year when Moss makes the Packer secondary look like fools again and again and again and again just like he has since he came into the league. Yes, the Vikings have some coaching problems but I don't put the blame on Tice, as a matter of fact I was glad to hear he'll be back. He needs some new coordinators around him, and thats exactly what he'll be getting. Us Vikings fans have to face it, like someone said previously, we had to win 4 of our last 10 games to make the playoffs and we choked. The refs had nothing to do with it.

Is carolinas QB one of the top rated Qbs in the league. Not- Obviousley being top rated has little to do with it. And I am not a packers fan bashing pepper- I am a vikes fan hoping they will improve the team even if it means getting rid of pepper- Moss should hve been gone a long time ago

Moss should have been gone a long time ago??? Are you crazy or just nuts? Moss draws double and triple coverage nearly every play taking pressure off of our other recievers. Not to mention he can be in the middle of four guys and still come down with the ball. Behind Harrison, Moss is the best in the league in my opinion.

As for the Culpepper comment, tell me you don't want these stats on your team...

Culpepper completed 295 of 454 attempts for 3,479 yards and 25 touchdowns for a 96.4 passer rating, he brought his interceptions down from 23 last season to 11 this season. If you can't count thats less than an interception a game on average. You got to remember this kids only been in the league 5 years!

For those who don't think the Vikes had a good #2 receiver. It was #2 by commitee this year. Next year it will Burralson as he showed real potential as a rookie.

Also If the Vikes defence improves even marginally next season, than the Vikes should be an elite team.

Onthewalleyes, (catchy name by the way). I do want the vikings to win the superbowl, what true vikings fan doesn't? I will support them in the good and bad times PERIOD. I make no apologies, as I am sure the fans over the years make no apologies for suporting the team even in the immediate years after they lost superbowls. I do agree 100% about defense, look at teams that made it to the past superbowls-those defenses were great. I just get tired of people bashing Moss and Culpepper two of the best athletes in the game and two of the best at their position. In a way I envy packers fans and see why a lot of Minnesotans start to cheer for them. What's not to respect, the fans support them in the good ANDDDD bad times! My life does not revolve around this. I am just here for the ride, I am happy when they do good and if they don't do good I just go ice fishing, (a good remedy for me). Have a good day.

From the Bob and Tom show.....

For all those who have seen the Farve Master card commercial where he is talking about how he would have done things, "I would have double bagged that", "I would have avioded the water main".

New commercial.......
Another QB walks in and says, "I would have NOT thrown that pass!"

Can it be Luck has it right, the pack rules the new NFC North. Back to back years as Division Champs. Last year round one of the playoffs, this year round 2. Look out for next year. "nuff said"

Fishing is Life.
Football is just a game.

Teach-D I'm with you. I think there will be no more talk of the Vikes or the Pack til' next horse**** season. Maybe the offseason will bring in a defense. Who knows (other than most Vikes fans.) Make it a great day. Good luck on the hard water.

------------------
searchin skys for eyes

T'WAS THE SECOND WEEK OF PLAYOFFS" (An unknown Vikings fan)

Twas the second week of playoffs,
And all through the state,
Wisconsinites had gloated,
At the poor Vikings fate.

Their arrogant chatter,
"The Vikings are idiots!" they cried.
"Don't mess with us Packers,
'cause God's on our side.

"We're destined for glory,
And a Super bowl win!
Brett Favre's friends with God,
And the team has no sin."

Week two of the playoffs,
The Packers were cruisin'
A two touchdown lead;
The Eagles were losin'

Isn't it funny,
No....Isn't it sad.
The same 14 point lead
That the poor Vikings had.

But through a series of poor play,
Their game went awry,
The Packers relinquished,
The lead for a tie.

When overtime came,
Brett knew what to do.
I'll just toss the ball up,
I know God will come through.

Indeed, he was right;
An interception was made.
Which led to the victory
Of the Eagle brigade.

The moral of this story,
Is sad but quite true;
The same things you dish out,
Will be dished out to you.

So "eat crow" all you buzzards,
Who laughed at the Vikes,
You arrogant yuppies,
You lesbo's and dykes.

"What goes around comes around"
Now go drown in your beer.
Football's over for you,
And we'll see YOU next year

TALKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's always good to see the kurds of [PoorWordUsage]consin lose, but the vikings got what they deserved. Getting too greedy early in the game cost them of what they could of had later on. Farve is a good QB, he used to be great, but i think we have seen the last appearence of a playoff game for them 4 awhile. And askot or whatever your name is, u must dreaming that we always complain about our team, we r only using constructive critism to help them emotionally(sniff,sniff). Anyways i think this is the best playoffs in a very long time as i can remember, all these games going into o.t. and alot of very close,down 2 the last second games. whew!!! Go eagles since your the last team to beat the mold.

Good Fishin'...