• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weekend plans!

JRedig

Ok, what are you all up to?

My weekend starts tomorrow, heading to the Big Pond for thurs/fri then back in the cities for the rest of the weekend. Plan on fishing for a majority of it.

Let's see if this monster curly sue with a walleye body and huge white tail turns anyone on!!!

-Jeff

Jeff -

Good luck on the pond. I'm in town - took Monday and Tuesday next week off as well so depending on my real boss and Mother Nature maybe you want to do a morning shot before work like last week.

Take care - erik

Jredig,

Stay south and work anything green you can find. Simple as that. Twin Bays, Wahkon, Cove, Sunset, etc. Run East over to Vineland too, check out the cabbage fields. Slow roll the spinnerbaits and the Dawgs. Thre is a misnomer that Mille fish don't eat in June....wrong.

Me........going cattin' tomorrow night! Pretty excited, should be fun. Weekend may be up to the family cabin where the northerns were active last weekend. If not, TC area tigers are on the bill.

Good luck to all.

Plans to hit Miltona this weekend, along with Alexander. Moved a couple of big fish on Alex. Weeds should be starting to come into their own on Miltona and with the warm weather I hope the Muskies are hungry!!

Jredig,

Stay south and work anything green you can find. Simple as that. Twin Bays, Wahkon, Cove, Sunset, etc. Run East over to Vineland too, check out the cabbage fields. Slow roll the spinnerbaits and the Dawgs. Thre is a misnomer that Mille fish don't eat in June....wrong.

Hey Chris, i'll be mostly in Vineland as I'm staying at the cabin there, we'll see how the wind is for my little dingy....that'll dictate where i'm fishing.

Good luck everyone!

Two buddies coming up... we are going to try our luck at some SW metro musky/pike action. I hope the weather is fishable... I don't mind the clouds and sprinkles, but the high wind and lightning aren't cool. I'll let you know how we do.

Let's see, before the 4th of July there is a trailer to repair, a pair of 20 amp circuits to wire in the cabin, 4 upstairs walls to insulate, even more walls upstairs to sheetrock, and almost as much surface to put a ceiling up on, as well as getting the plumbing in for the upstairs bathroom. I might get to go fishing sometime...

Well, Mille Lacs was all about pike. Caught 5 near 40 inches and a bunch more smaller. I moved probably 30+ muskies too, only 1 was REALLY on the bait, the rest were really REALLY lazy follows. Spent most of my time out around Spirit Island and south of there on the breaks. Saw the biggest muskie to date, just a monster that followed 2-3 times but wouldn't bite. In a whole different class than anything i've seen or caught up to this point.

Came home to the metro Saturday morning, went out Saturday night from 7pm to 10pm and caught 1 and had another follow. Went out again this morning and caught a 46-47 within an hour of being out, had follows from 4-5 more, but all were behind my dad's lures and he didn't exactly play them well as it was his second time muskie fishing. Two ate the lure and he missed the hook set right at the boat....DOH!!!

Water temps anywhere from 72-78 down here, fish are really going now. Mille Lacs was around 66-67 and the fish are certainly there but seem very cautious or just not hungry/super active yet.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend still! Let's hear how everyone else did! smile

-Jeff

Just got back from LOW/Sabaskong, fished from 6/25 to 6/28. Took a day to figure out the pattern but ended up with 5 boated and couple long lined realeased for 2 guys. Saw quite a few more, but no biggies. Biggest fish of the trip was a fat 46". All fish were in less than 8 fow in thick emerging cabbage. Spinnerbaits caught all the fish. Checked by the Miniisty on Sat and it sounded like we were doing better than most. The 46" still had eggs in her. Very few fish on the rocks yet. Wallyes are still mostly on the jig/minnow bite, the lake is a good 2 weeks behind. Mayflies hatched out on 6/25 in hordes, just clouds above the islands and crunch with every step. Great trip