• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

so who all uses this site?

jascher20

Lets see here...

I moved to Minnesota from Iowa from Vancouver BC, Canada. Moved here in September and I am loving every minute of it!

I work as an SMS Administrator for a rather large hospital. Ya...I am a computer geek.

I live in Mound right on Dutch Lake. Fish mainly for Crappie and Pike for eating and Bass as C/R. Havent had the chance for Walleyes yet but am going to see what I can find on Minnetonka this year. This year is my first time ever ice fishing and I am loving every minute of it smile.gif

This site has been a godsend to me. I grew up fishing for Musky, Pike, and Walleye in Ontario. Glad to be fishing once again for fish with teeth rather than the Salmon in BC.

------------------
I told a guy once I was Native American. He said, "ya me too! I've lived in the States all my life"
I laughed.

[This message has been edited by DavidH (edited 01-09-2004).]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys: Some really interesting careers listed here.

I own an insurance agency (past 18 years) made a career change at 42. I'm sure you can do the math on this one. Love to hunt and fish, especially in the winter (fishing).

I umpire a lot of baseball in the summer so fishing time is not as available during those months. Good luck to all and hang on. Bill

I'm originally from NW Iowa but have lived in Central Iowa for the last 13 years. I teach Geometry and a financial literacy class at our public high school. Also do my share of coaching duties, football, basketball, golf. Have 3 boys, 2,4,6 and am heading out tomorrow morning with all three to catch a load of crappies and gills.

Dave. I teach high school English. Really. I often fish before school. My students get a big kick out of that. A recent emigrant to MN from the east coast, where I was a flyfishing guide on the Potomac, Shenandoah, and Susquehanna rivers. Happy to be a civilian now and fish anywhere and everywhere though it's Tonka mostly and the upper Mississippi and St. Croix and some other cool creeks in northern MN. Curent passion is muskies on the fly. Steelhead and trout and saltwater too when I can get back east.

Ice9

bigswede,
yah i know the hinckleys, i graduated with adam hinckley. great kid.
small world. anotehr reason i love this site.
i've been on it for five days. and will now ask about anything i've ever wondered and you all have given some great replies.
thanks guys.
keep posting and replying.

by the way to some ofyou other people. all i gotta say is "get a german wirehair" i love my dog. even though there are very few pheasants in SE MN. i love hunting them more than deer.
just got into duck and goose hunting now that i'm in ND too. good fun

gophish.

I'm surprised no one ever posted something like this(that I recall anyways). I'm a senior in high school(minnehaha academy),not working at the time, and grew up in MPLS but now live in Edina. Grew up fishing and hunting up around grand rapids at the cabin, as well as here in the cities, where the lakes are that get most of my attention now. My #1pursuit in summer is bass, but followed closely by northerns, crappies, eyes, gills, cats, and roughfish(hope I didnt leave anything out). In winter I chase mostly gills, pike, and sometimes eyes. Love hunting, hunt grouse and deer every year, and have in the last couple years started to chase pheasants, ducks, archery, antelope, rabbits, you name it. I'll be headed to college next year, I'm afraid that it might take a toll on my hours logged outdoors!

Lunker I see what you mean. I am a Junior in High school. I also wondering how college will take a toll on my logged outdoor hours. I just hope I go to college near some lakes to relieve myself every once in a while. grin.gif
But I love to fish for Pike, Eyes and Panfish in the summer. And in the winter I mainly fish for Pike and Crappies with a few walleyes here and there. I dont hunt so fall fishing is wide open(thats nice to have).

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

Hi I'm from winnipeg manitoba,love fishing for walleye and anything that swims..im a journeyman mason and third level electrican.. lol..sounds like im on some sort of fishing pagent..catch lots of ten pound plus walleyes up here,so if your ever coming this way give me a shout..here's a better pic of the one scoot caught earier on this ice season..(better than the one on the main page)
47b3cc27b3127cce832f2d4138c60000001610

hey everybody,
i just started using this site this week and love it.
i was just wondering who has been using it. like what you all do for a living, where you are from, what you like to fish for, and where you primarily fish.
i'm steve from chatfield mn, (by rochester) i go to college in fargo and spend most time fishing in the root river down here for smallmouths and trout. also love the bwca and alexandria area, now getting pretty heavy in to ice fishing in ND and the detroit lakes area.

Welcome aboard. I'm a computer geek/internet web developer. Live in Eagan. Grew up in Clara City. Love fishing (if it bites I'll fish for it), hunting (especially pheasants), and pointing dogs. I share a lake home on Cedar Lake (Rice county) so I have to fish for bass, but like pike, musky, and waldo's too. I trout fish in SE MN with a fly rod, go to LOTW in the winter 1 or 2 times. Used to do Lake St. Joseph in Ontario, Canada every year (big pike, zillions of walleye).
gspman

Howdy - I'm a computer geek/Database developer. I live in Coon Rapids grew up in Nebraska. I just started to get serious about fishing in the last year. I like to fish for walleyes and crappies. I'm learning a lot from this site.

I'm a product designer, buying agent, and importer. I love fishing anything that will tug on the line. I especially enjoy persuing walleyes and I do some tournament fishing. I have a 2 year old son and I can't wait for him to turn into my #1 fishing buddy. (no offense to anyone who has fished with me before smile.gif )

------------------
Good Fishin!
Crossin

Computer Geek/Network/server support. I live in Chisholm. I fish for walleye, crappy, perch, northern, sm bass, steelhead, loopers, trout, salmon.

Favorite lake is Vermilion, but will fish just about anywhere there is water smile.gif My favorite type of fishing is steelhead(I grew up in Duluth and spent quite a bit of time on the NS of Lake Superior), but but I enjoy all types of fishing.

Scott/upnorth

Might get flogged for this, but I'm a Cheesehead by birth and raising - hometown Plateville. Grew up fishing streams for bows and browns. Migrated to MN for college, to ND for a masters, to KS for a job, and am back in Grand Forks, ND working on a Ph.D. Fish Kabetogama in the evenings in the summer when the work day's done. The four-legged companion and I chase grouse and sharpies come fall, with a little bowhunting mixed in. Hit Devils Lake, LOW, and some other nearby spots during hardwater season when I can. Heading to the jewel of the north in hmm ... 3 hrs!

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

Hi I'm Scott, a North Dakotan. Live south of Fargo in Walcott and am adjusting to fishing Mn. after 30 yrs. of walleye fishing Jamestown, Pipestem, Devils Lake, Spiritwood and Sakakawea fishing. Been fishing mostly Ottertail, Lida's, Beers and am ready to learn Pelican. Lovin' the muskie and bass fishing and getting ready to try some icefishing today. I work out of Fargo in the POS (grocery, hospitality & retail) field. I repair and program the terminals, back office PC's, servers, printers and scanners and scales at Perkins, Friday's, Super Valu's, Hugos, etc. within a 200 mile radius and phone support in 11 states. I'm a devoted gadget geek with way to many toys except for the new ???and???and??....Yeah, there's always something new! Love this forum! It has helped me tremendously!

Name is Mark. Lived in MN all my life. Currently reside in Big Lake, MN.
I work at a Computer Networking Technology company.(Well, CNT is the name of the company) Been doing the computer gig for 14 years, but I don't consider myself a computer geek. I am a hunting/fishing geek, doing post-sales support in a computer company to support my habits.

Name is Bob, born and raised in MN, currently live in Wyoming, MN. I am a union jorneyman electrician and I fish year-round. My tastes vary from season to season I will fish for walleye,pike,muskie,bass,salmon,loopers,lakers,crappies,sunnies and perch. Kind of a mixed bag but I am not a expert by any means for these species but I can always go out and get some fish, so I can hold my own.

I also hunt ducks,deer,grouse,and pheasant. If we ever get a decent spring again I would like to get some smelt also.

I am a Police Sergeant in the metro area and live in the northern 'burbs. I fish mainly in the Lindstrom area and make a couple trips to L.O.W. every winter. I fish as much as I can (or as much as my family allows) in the summer and winter and bowhunt in the fall. I can't wait for my kids to be a little older so I can get out more (with them) because my wife doesn't particularly care for it... I'm new to this site too and I'm already hooked (no pun intended.)

Name is Matt Foley and I live in a van, down by the river. Living on goverment chesse and river carp. My job is a motivational speaker.lol tongue.gif
I'm from alexandria like to fish for crop's, eyes, and ski's. Working as a machinist, job is good but the pay stinks. That's why I do alot of fishing & hunting, so I can forget about work & bull%#*@ with the guys.

shefland, aka Dave in Walker, retired mpls firefighter, live here on Stemboat Lake between Walker and Bemidji, fish for anything that swims, recently channel cats from the Red River have got my attention as number 1

My name is Ryan and I go to college in St. Paul, but I'm originally from Eden Prairie. I love the pursuit of walleyes while ice fishing and from the boat. I fish mostly lakes all across MN, but within the last couple years I have been fishing the St. Croix quite a bit. I also love to go bowfishing for carp. I would recommend it to anyone.

------------------
Ryan Schuh
[email protected]

Jeremy - living in Stacy for 26 years, 31 years old.

Started my own lawn care / snowplow service when I was 16, still doing it. Get paid in the winter whether it snows or not, so winters like this, I get paid to fish smile.gif Makes up for working 6-7 days / week all summer and the lack of boat use. I'm pretty much after crappies and sunnies, since they're pretty abundant around here, and my wife likes the action when she's with me.