• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nesting Golden Eagle. Pics Added

Paul

Found this very Large nest, probably 12-18 feet across about 150feet up this ledge. Getting a close up was pretty much an impossible task due to the sheer distance away. I had to hike about 1/4 mile through some firey sage brush, buffalo grass, 3 creeks, and one large snake(3+ feet long, Yellow Bellied Racer) while wearing shorts and a tee shirt, being ravaged by a huge gnat hatch.

This nest is located in the Teddy Rosevelt National Park in Western North Dakota in the south Unit. Park Rangers can tell you how to find it. (8 miles in or so).

99161076.jpg

99161074.jpg

99161072.jpg

99161070.jpg

Nice ones, Paul!

When I was out tromping through the Teddy many years ago it was rattlesnakes I had encounters with, not racers.

Looks like you earned those fine pictures. Hey, if it was easy everyone would be doing it. gringrin