• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Should have went fishing

I spent the weekend at the Land of the Loon Festival, I shoulda went fishing. Rain and stop, rain and stop, windier than the dickens. This rotten economy is really getting me down. Not too many buyers, but on the plus side I met some really nice people. I spent today making some planter boxes, I am getting tired of trying to dig in the Minnesota northern soil. Too many rocks. I did run down to my sunny dock and caught about 8 of them before the bugs started to make a feast out of me, or should I say all you can eat buffet. I still have leeches left from MilleLacs so I am heading out as much as I can for Walleye this week. laugh

Forgot to mention, I missed three different deer by mere inches this weekend, they must like that orange metallic color as I have had 10 times as many run out in front of the Escape as I have had the F150. sick

lambjm, i wish i had a problem like yours. leeches left from a previous fishing trip now gotta go out as much as possoble to use them up. i hate that when that happens.

You Go Barb,

I wish I could go fishing, I am moving this weekend and am not looking forward to it. I wish there was a way you could get around having to box everything up and then have to unbox so soon after. I want a magic wand. Have fun and use up those wonderfull leeches that you brought up.

Hope

if she has that many she could of shared them with the rest of yous, not? or send them my way. i suppose shes out trying to drowned them right now and we are working, oh, on fm i mean.

if she has that many she could of shared them with the rest of yous, not? or send them my way. i suppose shes out trying to drowned them right now and we are working, oh, on fm i mean.

Had a lot of running to do this afternoon, but went to the dock for some night time sunnies. I think tomorrow may be walleye day. I am ticked at myself, forgot my camera and came upon 3 fox kits, two weasels or badgers, not sure which that swam right under the dock and then proceeded to have a massive battle.

Dang another day the boat sat in the driveway!!! I have been working on building some planter boxes cause I am sick of trying to dig in the ground. So today was spent cutting wood, then shoveling dirt into our garden cart, then shoveling it into the boxes I managed to get done. Took some time out to mow the lawn too. (Hey that is supposed to be the old grouches chore) I never realized that a 4'x 8' x 10" high planter would take so much dirt! Finally, at 3:30 sweating like a hog, covered in sawdust I decided to go in and take a bath. Made the mistake of laying down for a short nap. Woke up at 6:30 and every muscle in my body hurts. The old grouch scolded me and said tomorrow is a play day......Yeaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey Tami, how the heck did you do this for a living?

Barb, I hope you're play day is going great!! I have the day off since I have some appts. today. It's just gorgeous here and I think I'll head to the trail and get a walk in before I have to go. I think the bugs are gonna eat me alive this year on that trail tho! Take pics of your flower boxes ok? I bet they look wonderful. I would love to get some on our deck! BTW, Jim loved my hat so he'll want to get one from the fishing club too. Could you set aside one for him or how do you want us to do that?

The boat stayed in the driveway again although fishing off the dock I did get a 2# and a 3# bass. A couple of good meals for me, maybe I will try the Bass Taco recipe in this month's Field and Stream. I am kinda concerned today, I am not feeling too good. I eat a meal and then I feel sick to my stomach (not even a big meal). This morning the old grouch made me eggs and toast for breakfast and I fell asleep chewing my toast, almost fell of the chair. I am just exhausted and am very short of breath. I am calling the doctor first thing in the morning. For lunch I ate 2 chicken legs, for dinner I had a small plate of steamed asparagus. This started after my day of heavy dirt work, and I am hoping it is just heat related.

I am going to try and make it to the Lake Jumpers deal on Saturday if I am feeling good enough, if not I will be at the Jessie deal on the 12th or if you or Jim are going to be near Grand Rapids you could call me and I could meet ya somewhere. I will email ya my numbers Lisa.

gary,

We'll probably hit Winnie. Are you? It all depends on our well. It's been smelling really eggy and is quite rusty (this isn't anything new!) but I think we have to take care of it this weekend.

Barb, did you go in to the Dr. today?

Can't get to the doctor till Monday, I do think this was related to the heat, too much shoveling dirt etc. But there is a new development, I don't have the best knees in the world, and Thursday evening I went to kneel on my bed to lean over and shut the window. The minute my weight hit the knee, I had excruciating pain up the leg all the way to the hip. Yesterday when I got up it feels like there is a ton of pressure in it and it feels like it is gonna explode. I can barely walk, so I am going to be homebound until I see the doctor. Now this does concern me, as I hurt the right one years ago (hyperextended it) and I was laid up for months. Stupid cat walked across it 2 am and I almost went through the ceiling.