• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Going to Town on the Prarie (Warning for content)

Spent a little time at the Theordore Rosevelt National Park, North and South Units this weekend. I will be PP'ing for a week or 2 with every memory card full and I forgot to bring a patch cable to run from my camera to laptop. (doh)!. Anyway some really cool stuff. I'll Start with these Stinkers (literally). They stink so bad, and the Gnats are thicker than pea soup and it was hard to work in the grass all weekend.

The Cynomys ludovicianus or commonly know as the Black Prarie Dog. These guys are a menace to cattle ranchers everywere because of the holes they dig. The live in little towns with other prarie dogs. They get upwards of 2-3 pounds so the holes they dig are large. Here are 3 images in the day of the life of a prarie dog.

On the Prowl:

large.jpg

Hey Gorgeous How you Doin?

99154693.jpg

Hmmm, What is going on here? (Caution)

99154694.jpg

Paul...2606293904_70dcf7ddab_o.gif

You should know better. I seriously just about fell over laughing at that pic. I shot one similar with muskrats in the water, but the male was trying to drown the female in the water and at the angle I had, you couldn't see his lady friend.