• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KENORA JUMBO LEECHES

I had a request via telephone (maybe it was you?) the other day. I called my supplier and they said our leeches simply don't get that big, on average.

There are some 4"ers in some batches, but for the most part our leeches with cooler water, shorter "growing" season are 2-3.5 inches.

Just to set your expectations appropriately, all of the leeches I've purchased in NW Ontario are the equivalent of "lake run" leeches here in the Midwest and are about 2 to 3 times the price. Expect to pay $40 on up for a pound of mixed leeches that range in size from panfish to large.

Good luck!

Spoiler,

Make sure that you confirm with the resort that you will getting the biggest leeches available. We try to get the biggest leeches from our supplier and we sill end up with tons of 1.5", in our bag of jumbos? For some reason they don't have leeches up here like they do in Minnesota.

I would still buy some from Hemlock, maybe he can sort some of the jumbos and at least you will have a pound or 2 of sure jumbos. I'm sure he could do this for FM member.

Good Luck