• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Jim's report!

Hi everyone!! We got out this weekend and fished Saturday and Sunday but I didn't get any walleye because Jim caught them all!!! blush I did catch one pesky perch on Saturday but Sunday-nada! I guess sometimes I just have to let Jim have the spotlight right?? winkcool Here's his report- Click here!

It was just as fun watching him though, the look on his face was great! Great looking walleyes! Way to go Jim!

Lisa:

I usually run the motor, watch the map, check the weedline and trolling path, and especially I watch the sonar. I work hard to keep my boat at the right depth range so my passengers can catch the fish. I love it when they get the fish, and of course I don't because I'm too busy to fish! It is all about location and boat control! A real fisherman is one who can put his fishing partners on top of the fish without them realizing it.

I'd enjoy having you and some of your buds in the boat with me!

Lisa:

I usually run the motor, watch the map, check the weedline and trolling path, and especially I watch the sonar. I work hard to keep my boat at the right depth range so my passengers can catch the fish. I love it when they get the fish, and of course I don't because I'm too busy to fish! It is all about location and boat control! A real fisherman is one who can put his fishing partners on top of the fish without them realizing it.

I'd enjoy having you and some of your buds in the boat with me!

H20 - where do you fish in the cities, ever have an open seat ? grin I have a spare kayak - whistle

I know it's hard to run the boat, stay on the edge of a good break, watch your depth, make sure you're passengers aren't fishing under the boat or getting any lines in the prop!!! Too bad I wasn't doing any of that technical stuff AND STILL not catching fish!!! blushblushblushgrin

Thanks for the invite H2O!

If I'm just going out for the day, I usually head west to Wright County/Annandale area. It's a short drive and great fishing. In fact, I'm taking tomorrow off work so I can get out there at sunrise. Quite often I go alone and have an open seat.

Actually, I would like to fill 2 open seats for a run over to Algoma. The salmon have started biting and they are running big this year! 20 pounders are fairly common. Steelhead and lakers too. Any takers? I usually camp at one of the campgrounds.

I know it's hard to run the boat, stay on the edge of a good break, watch your depth, make sure you're passengers aren't fishing under the boat or getting any lines in the prop!!!

Lisa - must be why I didn't catch anything on Mille Lacs. I was too busy making sure that everyone else was on fish.

:)Char

Ya I see winds on Winnie in the mid teens out of the NW. Do you usually go out of High Banks. We have a cabin real close to High Banks and will be up there this weekend for my daughters 21st Birthday. Just checking to see if you will be in the neighborhood.

Not on Saturday, It was a little bit rough out there on the east side and the rain all afternoon. Then when the hurricane hit around 4:00pm. 3 very large gusts came up (as if it wasn't windy enough.) Knocked down some power lines and we were out until about 8:30, which was quick up there. Got out Sunday around 11:00 and fished a couple of humps with no luck. Hit the 3rd hump and found them. Caught 8 in about 3 hours. 21" the biggest and 2 were in the slot. Had my nephew out and he just started walleye fishing a year ago, so we had to get him started on decent walleyes. He got a 18" 20' and a 21". Way to go Dano.

It was a little rough on Sunday too.

Sounds like your in a walleye (non catching rut). Try washing your hands using the sand and water from the lake b-4 you go out.