• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mears out....

LMITOUT

Mark Martin in?

That's what ESPN is reporting for the #5 car next year. So does that mean a full schedule for Martin? I can't see Hendrick only having three full-time drivers. So much for partial retirement I guess.

i have not heard anything about this. Mears has not really done anything for Hendricks in the last few years, so it might be a good thing to change it up a bit. If martin was able to get with this team, it wouldnt supprise me at all that he would run the whole season.

Silly Season is defiantley open. I just read on Jayski that supposedly the Hass/CNC deal with Stewart is done and Newman will be the second driver with sponsors being Office Depot and Burger King. It also said that news release could be as early as next week at Daytona. With all of the changes happening this year next year will be very interesting. NASCAR is in soapopera mode now!

Here is the story.

More on Stewart and Haas CNC UPDATE done deal?: UPDATE: supposedly the deal is done, earlier Friday, a source close to the situation said that Chevrolet has agreed to terms with Joe Gibbs Racing to buy Tony Stewart out of his contract with the #20-Toyota Sprint Cup racing team. Stewart will indeed be making the move to Haas CNC Racing, a rumor that has been circulating for months. Supposedly Stewart’s new sponsor will be Office Depot and terms have been finalized regarding the impending sponsorship. In addition, Stewart will be joined by current #12 Penske Racing driver Ryan Newman, who would be sponsored by Burger King. No word yet on what car numbers the drivers will run and an announcement could come as early as next week at the Daytona International Speedway

50% ownership has a big thing to do with the HASS deal. There was also talk from racingone dot whatever that Home Depot is dropping out of the sport and Bass Pro wants to follow Tony and give up on Truex Jr. Who is also looking for a ride, possibly at RCR.

Mears is recieving offers from IRL teams to move back to open wheel????

Crazy crazy...

He would go to Hass/CNC be cause 1. Chevrolet 2. Hendrick backs the team with equipment 3. He is looking at his future(ownership). In my opinion if he took ownership at Hass, he could be competative right out of the gate, the only reason they have been "junk" is because they dont have quality drivers. They would be a heck of alot better if they had someone that could drive. Stewart could be the guy, and he would definatly attract other good drivers and big name sponsors.

Stewart in their cars would be better than what they have, but he wouldn't be as good as a Gibbs, Hendrick, Rousch car. He'd need some better personnel, especially at crew chief and car chief positions. Remember he's never won a Cup race without Zippy on the box, no driver can win with junk setups, bad adjustments and slow pit stops in today's NASCAR.

Thats very true, but with a driver like stewart he will get the right people around him to win and you can pretty much guarantee that Zippy goes with him. I don't personally care what he chooses but if he went that route it sure would make next year interesting.

to old, hes one of the best drivers out there. Hes in the top group.

He's 49 yrs. old.

IMO, his best years are behind him.

He retired in 2005 because he was not competitive.

Nothing has changed. It's kind of sad.

I think he could contend, look what he has done with the DEI stuff that isn't up to par with the rest of the teams. Talented and patient driver.....maybe to patient when looking back to years past.

Tunrevir~