• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moore's Bait?

TMF89

Three questions: On his site, I don't see any mentioning of bullheads, am I missing it, or did they just not put it up, or are they out of stock? Second, how much do they cost? Third, how much should I get for one night? Fourth (guess I lied), how big do they usually run? If you guys could answer ASAP I'd appreciate it, thanks!

he has them...call or just go in.

Give him 10 bucks and he'll give you a bucket full. Give him 15 and he'll probably double it. I usually bring at least 10-15 bullheads per outing. (This would be my average for an 6-8 hour trip on an evening of fishing) I try and bring more than enough so I never run out.

How big is a bucketful then, should I get two? 2 or 3 guys are going out, but we plan on bringing some suckers too, but it sounds like the bullies are cheaper than the $2 a pop suckers. Should we just go all bullheads?

Oh, and random question: Why do flatheads eat 5-7" bullheads, but everyone uses 9-12" suckers?

Oh and do Moore's do oxygen bags?

We use 5-7" bullheads because that is the biggest we can use by law.

A good rule of thumb for bait is to have a dozen for each person per night.

Moores has oxygen, but I would recommend bringing a 5 gallon bucket or buying one from him (he has a bunch of them). You can keep them quite a while in just a bucket of water. For an extended time you will need some sort of oxygen supply. The easiest way is with a battery powered bubbler and airstone.

A bucket full sometimes adds to 18 for a dozen, depends on their size. Not a rule to live by, placing them in bags when they have been known to poke holes in them. Best to bring or buuy a bucket for transport.

Alot of people use bigger suckers so when they die (which they will), they have a real nice piece of cut bait for later....yum