• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camping./Tent Hammock

UncleKes

I am interested in purchasing a Tent/Camping type Hammock similar to the one I had when I was in Viet Nam. I have looked online and none of them have been satisfactory. I would need one that sleeps two people, measures at least 7 feet long by 5 1/2 feet wide, has a mosquito net and a rain fly and would be capable of holding around 600 pounds as it would double for off the ground storage of equimpment as well.

Most of the ones out there hold around 300 pounds, are single sleepers and are not long enough. Does anyone know of any place that sews canvas that might be capable of making one to my specifications? I live in the Minneapolis/St P area.aul

Thanks'

Uncle Kes

Yes I have. Their hammocks will only support 400 pounds and that would NOT be enough to support the two of us. I am 275 lbs. alone the Mrs. is 165 lbs. Plus, I don't think they make a camping type hammock that will sleep two>

I would say you are looking at a special order piece of equipment. I can give you a couple shots in the dark. You can try a search for canvas craft or kondos outdoors. If they won't do it maybe they can point you in the right direction.