• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It can't really matter that much!

CrappieMagnet

Hey, i have the Zercom Clearwater Classic and i've been reading the post's on the different model locators and even though my locators 6 years old, it still works great and still gives me target seperation.It does'nt have"zoom" but i can still see fish coming off the bottom and hitting my line...So really...does it matter?

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

If it works for you then that's all that really matters. There are some differances and improvements out there and each person is likely to view those things differantly.

Does it matter? depends on each person and their individual fishing styles and habits.

As for me, it does matter, the improvements allow me to see more.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 01-08-2004).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Actually,
my bet is that he does mean he can see his bobber stop knot.

If you use Ice Buster bobbers and remove the bobber, you will often use the same rod to jig with and your stop knot will indeed be submerged and you can definitely see it.

smile.gif

Scooter & Magnet,

If you're expecting a revolution in the way you fish occurring upon purchasing a high end flasher, you're in for a let down. However, you can expect expect an enhancement of exceptional magnitude. Really, I kid not, because I have frequently thought the same way as you about flasher upgrades.

Here's my history with them. Si-Tex FL-6, 1986-1989, why would I need anything more? Vexilar FL-8, 1989-1999, wow, colors and power, this is a huge leap from the FL-6. Vexilar FL-8-SLT, 1999 to 2003, I like the new depth scale, much brighter, I miss the beep when I turn it on.

That's all I need. I catch fish.

But I could get Marcum LX-3. What an enhancement! No more globs of fish. I know where my bait is in a pack of fish. I can see the bottom huggers.

Will I catch more fish? Yes, I might catch a couple more. Did it change my life? Well, no. It's still just fishing. But, it sure can enhance the fishing part. And, that's important.

What I'm saying is, if you can do it, it is worth it.

------------------
Ray Esboldt
MarCum
Stone Legacy