• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sonic Drive In

WTN4ICE

I have had burgers from Matt's and they are very good but I grew up on the Nook burger. Now that you brought Rooster's up I'll have to head down there real soon. Don't know about Lee and Dee's but I have been to Ted Cook's and if you like your ribs dry the Market BBQ use to be a good place but I haven't been there for awhile. There was a joint in St. Paul about 25 years ago called Tuck's and he had great ribs. Oh ya I am fat and love food also grin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine works at the Famous Daves in Arbor Lakes and got some information that another Sonic is going in right next door, it's replacing Krispy Kreme I think (Whatever is next to Famous Daves).

The one is almost done in ER. Just another 99cent heart attach joint in my book grin.

Man, they took over the property of the old Burger Time. That place was awesome. You could get a restaurant quality burger (big), onion rings and a shake for less or the same than a double quarter pounder meal at Mac and Cracks. I guess this is why they sold out.

Sign of the times I guess.

We will give old Sonic a run though, unless my diet starts before then grin

That's what I thought I read in the Elk River Star.Yep, Burger Time was allright for a meal.I hope Sonic is just as good/or better.Nice to have them within 5 minutes of my place. grin

Elk River location is going to screw up my drive home each day - traffic is already bad at that intersection and the early dinner people are going to make it even worse. Summer time Sunday evening and Friday afternoon traffic are going to be nightmares - fuuugettaboutit! Great chili dogs - breakfast options aren't bad either and Cherry Limeade gets better with rum.....

Disagree with the BurgerTime comment - place was empty because burgers were awful....

I may have been thinking about the one I used to live by in Coon Rapids.That Burger Time did it right.Come to think of it, the Elk River BT wasn't really all that good.Yea, traffic does get a bit busy on Main Street during the rush hour.Oh,well,I'll stop by Sonic later on in the evening.

The Burger Time in E.R. was a great place to get a burger until the last 3-4 years when they changed the suppliers or something and everything changed, like the fries shakes and a few other things and at that same time the burgers didn't taste the same anymore...too bad they had a great deal for burger pop and fries!!

Well, it is open in ER crazy.

Sonic is paying the o/t wages for police officers to just sit in the parking lot and direct traffic down a second lane on Main street just for the Sonic drive in people. No domestics or fights as of yet, but it has been open only a couple hours. The way it looked, anything could possibly happen.

I heard a guy came up from Missouri just to be at the grand opening (not affiliated with sonic in any way, just a fan who likes the Grand openings).

All I can say is what a mess. Took like 15 minutes to get 3 blocks and traffic is backed up all over town. I said the heck with it for now. I am taking School Street when going across town for awhile. Avoid Main Street at all cost's as of now.

Crazy, crazy, crazy.

OK, can not believe it. Forgot something and went back up town. Check the action from the Salvation Army parking lot and it's all clear. Went across 169 and all the spots are full in Sonic, but no line out on Main Street.

In about 30 minutes went from nuts to a 5 minute wait crazy.

yeah I don't see it causing alot of comotion for very long in ER....but it was a surprise to be crossing 169 and seeing lights up ahead thinking "What happened up there" and then seeing that it is all for Sonic opening....What a joke....I will try it out eventuallly but I don't like to wait for fast food!!

Shack, my spouse told me that the Grand Opening is today.Don't know if what she heard is right, or not.She also called me yesterday,from work, and said to stay away from Main Street.No big deal, not looking to go there real soon anyway.

Ya Rock, the Grand Opening was on the 31st. What I found out was what I saw on the 30th was the Free Food training day frown. I missed this, just drove by. They also had a VIP night on the 29th.

My final review of Sonic is not that good. Maybe because it is new, but I have eaten their 3 times now for lunch and my order was wrong twice. So much today, I did call and speak with the manger. Also the prices are not in the cheap realm. A basic single patty burger combo is pretty much $5.00 after tax. I have had a #5 and #6 now and it around the $7.00 mark. Also the burgers are kind of just thrown together and both Texas toast style and regular buns style burgers look like the got rolled over by a steam roller. The toast I have gotten also could be toasted a little better. Like I said, they just opened and have to work out the bugs. Plus their fries are soft and not cooked well. You pick one up and it bends in the middle or they are clupped together. Also, on the medium combo you only get a very small amount of fries.

It is very hard to maneuver around in their parking lot. You basically have to enter in the rear and cross over the outgoing lane to get in line for the order window or to park in a stall. Plus if I parked in a stall (like today), the music is playing so loud you find your self repeating the order a couple time. Plus when eating in your car, you have to roll up the window to hear your car stereo.

Nice thing is the lines have not been at all bad. I think they bring in the police just to attract a crowd and also to direct you around in the parking lot. It is hard to find out where to go. I have waited about 5 or minutes every time I have gone their.

I am not going to say anything about the heart burn whistle. I think I am going to start my diet now grin

went today and they also messed up my order a little but after a 25 minute wait I was eating the messed up order and it wasn't too bad....the good thing is that to go from cola to a slushy only cost me an additional 10 cents.....the serving size on the fries are a little small but that just saves me from my future heart attack!!!LOL I will go again but not at 12:30 maybe 11:00 at night!!

Good note on the 12:30 ozzie.

I have been hitting it between 11:00-11:30am and the wait has not been that bad. Ya, you get after the noon hour, the lines build up.