• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sonic Drive In

WTN4ICE

We were in Springfield MO a few years ago, and my wife insisted on trying the Sonic there. No better or no worse than any other burgers we tried that week. We mentioned it to a guy working at the hotel and he said nobody local eats those burgers, just the shakes and desserts. We then asked a guy working at the Bass Pro Shop and he said the exact same thing.

Just reporting what I know.

DD

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a huge fast food fan....well, once in awhile. When I want a good burger, I got to Matt's Bar in Mpls off of Cedar for a Juicy Lucy or....one of my favorites, Jerry's Bar & Grill in Alexandria. Those are good. Lions tap is great too, but I never get to that neck of town.

I stop and get some White Castle every time I pass thru Hinckley, for some reason those tasty little burgers just hit the spot.

They also just opened a new place in St. Cloud called Five Guys Burgers and Fries (first in MN) they give you a hefty portion although it's fast food it's not priced that way. Double burger, fries, and drink at over $10.

Lion's Tap is way overrated. Da Nook and Matt's Bar are the best burgers around. I have white castle about once every three months otherwise my body would revolt.

No, but the places were trashed and unsanitary like alot of places in the south are. Plus the hamburger meat is very subpar kinda like whitecastle. Delmon is the son of a Navy pilot, so if you think he grew up in a ghetto lifestyle then you hate America.

See my avatar? US NAVY Gunners Mate. So, no, I don't hate America, I did my time. Just giving you [PoorWordUsage], not saying Delmon is ghetto, just saying you 2 seem to be buddies is all. And, BTW, the Whattaburgers I have been in were pretty clean, and the food was pretty good.

See my avatar? US NAVY Gunners Mate. So, no, I don't hate America, I did my time. Just giving you [PoorWordUsage], not saying Delmon is ghetto, just saying you 2 seem to be buddies is all. And, BTW, the Whattaburgers I have been in were pretty clean, and the food was pretty good.

I thought those were game pegs. I never was around squids much except pilots and crew on aircraft like f/18s from China Lake NWC, Blue angels, E/6s, occasional f/14s and p/3s...well and tech school with SeaBees. Every Whattaburger Ive been to was a dump. They have 1/8" thick burgers... The Texas guys said not to eat there and they were always empty...are they still in business now?

Im not buddies with Delmon, but hes still better than Cuddy.

Stopped there yesterday for supper. Got a couple of burgers and a corn dog for the little one. She at that thing up like no tomorrow. The burgers are good, they remind of another burger, I just can't place it. The onion rings are pretty good too. My wife got a cherry slush and that tasted good. I got the cherry lime-aide. Hooooha, that thing is tart!!! Wasn't bad, just made ya pucker up after every sip. Good food, just another option is the way I see it. It's now outstanding, but it's good. I don't know that I would wait an hour in line, but I think I had to wait 10 mins in staging before getting to a stall. Worth that wait.

as for the A&W talk a few pages back...it is better than sonic. nothing against sonic, but i wish they would put up more A&Ws. they have all the choices of sonic and then some. except for the drinks i guess. until the A&Ws come back...it will be sonic for me. i did swing in there one night and the cop directing the drive-in traffic said that 15 sonics were opening up within the next year in MN.

I have been to many Sonics and In and Out Burgers and do like the burgers but my vote for best fast food burger is CULVERS....... Hmmmm Good

White castle burgers are something I ate at 3:00 am usually under the influence of alcohol in my early years. Tried one sober once and decided that the alcohol makes them much more palatable.

Good Fishing!!

culvers is good, but overpriced, and i would not consider it fast food either. i have been the only one in the drive thru and still waited over 10 mins to get my meal. i will not go back there. Red robin is a sit down place and costs roughly the same and you get your food faster. not trying to come down on your culvers reference, just hate the service at culvers.

Elk River location is going to screw up my drive home each day - traffic is already bad at that intersection and the early dinner people are going to make it even worse. Summer time Sunday evening and Friday afternoon traffic are going to be nightmares - fuuugettaboutit! Great chili dogs - breakfast options aren't bad either and Cherry Limeade gets better with rum.....

Disagree with the BurgerTime comment - place was empty because burgers were awful....

culvers is good, but overpriced, and i would not consider it fast food either. i have been the only one in the drive thru and still waited over 10 mins to get my meal. i will not go back there. Red robin is a sit down place and costs roughly the same and you get your food faster. not trying to come down on your culvers reference, just hate the service at culvers.

Culvers is not a place to use the drive thru unless you just want some custard.

Atleast with Culvers you know you are getting fresh food made as you ordered it. Not like Mickey D's where they just nuke it and send it out.

Quote:
culvers is good, but overpriced, and i would not consider it fast food either.

That used to be the case, but now when you price out BBking, Wendys and Hardies for a combo meal, there prices are not that far off. I think in some cases Calvers are cheaper now. Any good sized (no upsized even) combo is running ya $7.00 at the fast food joints it seems.

And yes, I like Burger Time. It was great grin Cheap also! I will add I had not been their for about the last year they where open, but used to go their in High School for lunch all the time and on the weekends with kids.

I have been to Rooster's alot. When I was younger it was called Chicken Little or something like that but it has been Roosters for a long time. Good BBQ. How did you come to know about these places? Did you ever live in St. Paul?

My dad used to get ribs from there when I was a kid. The drug reps would bring them in for him. That's all it took. I prefer the ribs dry. I love their pork shoulder and BBQ chicken as well. Great now I have to get some next time I get out there. grin I have heard LEE and DEE's is good also. The nook is great but Matt's bar is better. Also I am fat and love food grin