• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
WTN4ICE

Sonic Drive In

Thanks the metro is a whole lot closer than driving to Kentucky.

There is one in Sioux Falls. Right next to Sportsmens Warehouse.

OH BOY do I love Sonic haha- no better than Culvers, but their drinks absolutely make them. When we visit TX we pretty much stop at one in each town to fill up on Cherry Limeade (and I wonder why I'm chubby.... *sigh*) I think I've seen at least 1 up in the Cities, as I think they're starting to realize they work up here with a drive-thru. Barneys in Waseca is still holding on- they just close each winter and have the drive-in style, and they are oh-so delicious so I stop each time I head through town (Usually to blow money I don't have at Cabelas smile

I think the novelty is starting to wear off. The "staging" area only had about 12 cars waiting and there where about 20 people waiting in line. This was about 7:30 last night!

The real novelty in the TCs as far as a new place to get food was Kripsy Kreme when they opened. They had lines 5 miles long waiting, THAT was crazy.

Shoreview still has an A&W drive-in on Rice Street, I lived down the street from it. They close in the winter and sell Christmas trees there.

The real novelty in the TCs as far as a new place to get food was Kripsy Kreme when they opened. They had lines 5 miles long waiting, THAT was crazy.

Shoreview still has an A&W drive-in on Rice Street, I lived down the street from it. They close in the winter and sell Christmas trees there.

Is that A&w a drive in. Hudson had one years ago, Oh how I miss it. I stopped in at one of those walk in A&W and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the prices.

I remember the lines and the Krispy Kreme close to where Sonic is now. It's now close and a Wendy's. Crazes can be short lived.

Only one car in the drive in at 10am this morning! grin lol That might be the time to go!!

I made it to that A&W last fall. It was the last day open for the season and all the regulars knew it! That place was a zoo!!

anyone have a A&W pizza burger lately? they used to be the

best, but heard they arent as good as before.

randy

Was going to go to Sonic last night. Got there at 5:15 and was a half hour wait. No way I'm waiting that long for fast food. I'll stop by another time.

My best Pizza Burger is at the Big Boy in Bismarck ND. MMMMMM, pizza burger flying style. Can't beat it. Usually buy a few when I'm home and bring them back to the cities with me.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

Sure Sonic isnt the be all end all of places to eat. But it is good. I wouldnt put sonic over IN N OUT burger or Red Robin.

Quote:
In N' Out, that's what we need. That is a tasty burger.

Funny grin

The one in ER during lunch today is looking almost done. Very intresting building. Besides the "drive in lanes", it will have a drive threw window also. Does the one in St. Paul have this? I thought the true Sonics do not have a drive threw window????

Also it might look like some inside seating going on also.

Yea, same setup Josh. I think it's for better service in the winter when no one wants to use the drive in.

Thanks Shane!

P.S.,

Nice walter you picked up. Thanks for the images. smile

Quote:
That is a tasty burger.

Is that not a Big Kahuna burger? grin

"Those are good burgers dude!" are the In-N-Out burgers wink

Quote:
That is a tasty burger.

Is that not a Big Kahuna burger? grin

"Those are good burgers dude!" are the In-N-Out burgers wink

Oh those are phenomenal burgers, can't wait to try Sonic though...

My wife and I did the walk up service on sunday evening. I purchased a chili cheese coney and strawberry cream shake. She had chili fries and cheeseburger. The shake was good, but the rest of the food was subpar. We waited about 15 minutes. It would be better to have someone take your order face to face rather the dinks taking your order from the microphone machine. The staging area is odd, you have to get a pass to come up to the drive up? There is a drive through and drive up and park service. I won't be back for a while till it slows down, maybe i'll try the breakfast sometime.

In N' Out, that's what we need. That is a tasty burger.

Whattaburgers pretty good as well. Backyard Burger is another one