• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sonic Drive In

WTN4ICE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH BOY do I love Sonic haha- no better than Culvers, but their drinks absolutely make them. When we visit TX we pretty much stop at one in each town to fill up on Cherry Limeade (and I wonder why I'm chubby.... *sigh*) I think I've seen at least 1 up in the Cities, as I think they're starting to realize they work up here with a drive-thru. Barneys in Waseca is still holding on- they just close each winter and have the drive-in style, and they are oh-so delicious so I stop each time I head through town (Usually to blow money I don't have at Cabelas smile

The real novelty in the TCs as far as a new place to get food was Kripsy Kreme when they opened. They had lines 5 miles long waiting, THAT was crazy.

Shoreview still has an A&W drive-in on Rice Street, I lived down the street from it. They close in the winter and sell Christmas trees there.

The real novelty in the TCs as far as a new place to get food was Kripsy Kreme when they opened. They had lines 5 miles long waiting, THAT was crazy.

Shoreview still has an A&W drive-in on Rice Street, I lived down the street from it. They close in the winter and sell Christmas trees there.

Is that A&w a drive in. Hudson had one years ago, Oh how I miss it. I stopped in at one of those walk in A&W and my jaw hit the floor when I saw the prices.

Only one car in the drive in at 10am this morning! grin lol That might be the time to go!!

I made it to that A&W last fall. It was the last day open for the season and all the regulars knew it! That place was a zoo!!

Was going to go to Sonic last night. Got there at 5:15 and was a half hour wait. No way I'm waiting that long for fast food. I'll stop by another time.

My best Pizza Burger is at the Big Boy in Bismarck ND. MMMMMM, pizza burger flying style. Can't beat it. Usually buy a few when I'm home and bring them back to the cities with me.

Quote:
In N' Out, that's what we need. That is a tasty burger.

Funny grin

The one in ER during lunch today is looking almost done. Very intresting building. Besides the "drive in lanes", it will have a drive threw window also. Does the one in St. Paul have this? I thought the true Sonics do not have a drive threw window????

Also it might look like some inside seating going on also.

Quote:
That is a tasty burger.

Is that not a Big Kahuna burger? grin

"Those are good burgers dude!" are the In-N-Out burgers wink

Oh those are phenomenal burgers, can't wait to try Sonic though...

My wife and I did the walk up service on sunday evening. I purchased a chili cheese coney and strawberry cream shake. She had chili fries and cheeseburger. The shake was good, but the rest of the food was subpar. We waited about 15 minutes. It would be better to have someone take your order face to face rather the dinks taking your order from the microphone machine. The staging area is odd, you have to get a pass to come up to the drive up? There is a drive through and drive up and park service. I won't be back for a while till it slows down, maybe i'll try the breakfast sometime.