• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

forest service "official" sites

goblueM

Do you need to reserve these? I'm camping up by Ely next weekend, and there are 2 lakes I wanna hit. One has an unofficial site which I plan on staying in, but I wanna portage up to the next lake and stay there. However it is an official site, don't know if I need to reserve that or not. Any input? Thanks

I do a fair amount of back country travel. I've never heard of any reserving any back country camp sites. Whether it be in forest service areas or the BW or any other back country area.

You do not need to reserve them, but if the campsite falls within the boundary waters you will need to get a permit. If it will be a single day thing with no overnight you can fill out a day permit, but if there will be an overnight stay you need to get an overnight permit from the Kawishiwi Ranger station on the east end of Ely.