• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Stemless Ladyslippers

Paul, don't want to piggyback on your thread so will go with my own. Went to my usual spot today expecting to see dozens, and they were not there! Apparantly, it was not the year for that patch (Steve - good thing you didn't wait for me to bring you to the "secret spot"!) I did find a few scattered through the woods and took a few shots anyway.

SLS1.jpg

SLS5.jpg

Ken,Nice images!....I had the same thing happen to me this year!...my "old" patch of lady slippers didn't produce a single plant this year!....3 years in a row but not this year....same as you I, started searching for a new "patch" and found a few plants....I also checked my last years site for the Showy Lady Slipper.....nothing....... cry.....guess some years are just better then others!

Thanks, Dan and jonny. I should have put this in my original post. I shot this with my Canon 40D and a 100mm 2.8 macro. I used a reflector in the above shot, and this is what it looked like without a reflector:

SLSNR.jpg

For some just getting into photography, this is a very inexpensive piece of equipment that can really improve a shot.

Thanks, jonny. Shadows can sure add depth and feeling to some shots. I guess it's in what you're looking for. I wasn't sure what I wanted, so took some both ways. In this particular case, I like the first one better.