• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GM/Dexcool Settlement....info and link

We have a 2003 Chevy Impala that needed a $900 upper and lower gasket fix after 45,000 miles....that one stung.

There is a proposed dexcool settlement for the following reasons (this is from the HSOforum):

Repairs involving intake manifold gasket failures, engine coolant sealing issues, and sludge (a rust-like material) are covered by this proposed settlement. These repairs would likely involve parts like the intake manifold and/or manifold gaskets, throttle body gaskets, radiator cap, heater core, water pump and other parts of the cooling system

You need to supply proof of ownership and proof of repair. You can get up to $400 back - see the HSOforum for details.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

The info can be found by searching dexcool settlement!

I have a 96 Grand Prix with the same issue. The car overheated and got so hot that after they had the gasket replaced, they tried to start it and the timing chain shattered. The gasket replacement cost $900, and the new timing chain would have been another $700, and that would be to get the car started. The car had 104,000 on it at the time, so I decided to put a new motor in it. It now has 181,000 and the motor runs good. It is just the other things that are starting to go out.

Anyways, it looks like I will get $100 back. Enough for a tank of gas or a few cases of beer.

Thanks for the info on the settlement.