• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any luck on full moon?

follow city for us we beat up minnetonka for a little bit had about 10 follows lost a couple one on a prop other on the dog pretty fustrated with the day. My girl freind went in minnetonka monday all of a sudden I hear the backlash comeing look over she is fumbling the rod the rod makes it to the water then I see the bottom of her feet going in after it!!!! FUNNY she did get the rod. I think if we had a video cam we would made 10 grand for sure!!!

got out last night for about 5 hours after work. Managed to raise 10 different fish, but no biters. Only a couple seemed really interested and turned back on the eight. Still pretty good to see 10 fish in a night.

For such a BEAUTIFUL the night on the lake, I couldn't believe the lack of guys out punching. Must have been an awful lot of fella's wishing the could be on the water cause it was sooooooooo nice!

I'm with you Musky18. Think I was fishing the same water as you and there were way more walleye fisherman out there than muskie fisherman. I was really suprised. We saw a few fish but only one I would call active. No hookups.

I made it out to Tonka yesterday chasing Muskies for my very first time, let me tell you it was a [PoorWordUsage] good day smile

Never caught a musky in my life, I've got plenty of large pike but no skis. Made a trip up to Thorne Brothers yesterday, picked up some new line, a nice DCG Jr and a Bull Dawg Spring. I lost the small Bull Dawg real early and wasn't very happy about it, so I went back in, fired up the truck and ran to Dick's to replace it (Also I was killing time while I waited for a friend). Got back out on the lake and I chose my first trolling spot based off of my very little knowledge of fishing deep bays and went at it. About 45 minutes into it, sure enough, I felt a tug that tugged back. No one else was in the boat and once I finally netted the thing I was shaking with such excitement and nervousness that I couldn't even get the hook out. At the time I was using a Regular Bull Dawg, as I lost the Spring one, hit Dick's and found only Regulars. Bull Dawg was Black and Green, trolling in about 12'. It took me about 10 minutes of leaning over the edge to attempt to revive this fish after I initially let it go and saw it belly up. Once I saw that beauty swim away I felt a ton better smile

Got it out of the water, got some cheers from two neighboring boats panfishing, and got it measured and pictured. Final length was only 39", but for your first fish, on your first day, of trying something completely new, I was [PoorWordUsage] satisfied.

A friend returned a call made earlier to him, he just got off work. I shot him an invitation to join me and so he did. Long story short, it ended up being his first Musky ever as well! 32" on the DCGJr in about 10'.

Back out today, I'm hooked smile

Hey, Jholland, if you ever wanna meet up and fish 'tonka, let me know. I work near there and will be out weeknights.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff. I'd be more then up for it! I live on Gray's Bay, so as long as I'm not busy I can be out almost any day or night (Woohoo Summer!).

My email is [email protected] if you would like to shoot me a message and we can get setup for an outing possibly early next week? I'm going to be at a friend's birthday all of tomorrow, walleye fishing on Mille Lacs on Sat, and Sunday Tonka is going to be a zoo, so I figure weekdays would be best, but Sunday is also a possibility.

I've got our boat on Gray's, and that's where it stays, so we can also figure out our boating situation, just shoot me an email and we'll get everything ship shape.

Was out yesterday and boated 3 (35, 38.5, 40.5). Also lost 1 going for the net, 2 short strikes, 4 fallows, 2 porpus, 5 just swimming and 3 pike.

Nice way to break the ice for 08.

Duck

Had 1 follow by the biggest muskie I ever had seen in my entire life. It was right on showgirls but turned away suddenly.......I left my tm runnin.. My mistake of my life. 5 cast later had other muskie took the showgirl at boatside as but didn't hook it up. Another 11 cast later had a short hookup but I set the hook to hard it went flyingby my side....all those happened between sunset n moonrise...