• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Winnie - Stay 3 nights get the 4th FREE!

Fish Winnie!! One of Minnesota's top fishing lakes and stay at High Banks Resort!! We offer comfy cabins and a brand new campground!! Childrens programs, family activities - something for everyone!! Book a new reservation for 3 nights and get the 4th night free!! Call us at 800-365-2560 or check out our HSOforum at www.highbanks.com for further details and availability!! We would love to host your summer vacation!!

Last year, my family and Mike Walerak's spent our vacations at Highbanks on Winnie. The kids had a great time, the fishing was good, and the atmosphere was phenomenal. We stayed in a CCC-era log-cabin right on the lake, so slipping out for a morning of fishing was easy as can be.

I was at Upper Red earlier this summer, and cringed when I went past Winnie without fishing. The fish have been "on" from the folks I talked to, and my prediction is that with cooler water temps and the effects of a lingering spring, the walleye bite will stay better even longer than it normally does into the mid-summer.

Here are some photos from last year, and thanks again Highbanks, we'll be back soon!

eyes_isaac.jpg

mike2.jpg

mike_riley.jpg

isaac.JPG

Joel