• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can I mix GM Dexcool with other brands ?

My wife's Trailblazer is low on coolant, I was going to add some Prestone or other brands but I want to know if it's compatible with GM Dexcool already in the system.

I wouldn't hesitate to mix different BRANDS of antifreeze as long as they are both extended life. You mainly dont want to mix extended life with conventional antifreeze. Prestone, I Believe, has antifreeze which is marked as being Dex Cool compatible.

I have heard the argument go either way but after seeing what dexcool and conventional coolant can do to a motor I would still error on the safe side and stick with whatever you have for coolant.

I think we are up to 6 different colors now. Green, orange, pink, red, blue, and yellow.

Make sure you have the radiators flushed regularly with the Dexcool, my brother-in-law that is a mechanic has had to replace many rediators because they become plugged if not flushed regularly.....But I am sure that would be the same with any of the coolants no matter what make or brand.

Dexcool has never won a review in my book!

I also never have been a fan of mixing coolants. Just too much riding on that liquid to experiment (I.E. inner gasket failure issue and other things).

Instead of paying extra for a dexcool flush you can flush them over to regular (green) coolant. most shops typically charge more for a dexcool flush so the cost savings is an incentive. If your flushing dexcool at regular intervals might as well switch to green.