• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crankbait advise

CarlWBL

I'm looking for specific crankbait advise, as I'm going tackle shopping here in the next couple days. I'm looking for advise as to crankbait options in the following scenarios:

Fishing outside weededges- depth 12-15 fow. Will be cranking through the weeds at times, sandy-rocky bottom, both clear and green stained

Fishing around humps- 15 fow with hump to about 8-10 fow

Fishing through weedlines in 8-12 fow.

I'm looking for productive options as I have been really successful this spring throwing a DT3 Flat Fat. Please include your favorite color combinations as well and if you find that modifying a specific bait a certain way has worked well.

Thanks in advance!

Carl

Love the DT series. Last year I had a lot of success with the DT7 Flat. I think it is called Table Rock shad. Chartreuse and red with a purple top. Also always have luck on the old Fat Rap 7 in the silver. they don't make it anymore, only in glass which I really don't like too much. I generally put on red hooks, don't know if it really makes a difference, but I like the look.

DT's are definitely the way to go.

Hiya -

Yeah, the DT cranks are pretty good. I'd hate to be without them.

To the list though I'd add baits like Poes 300s and 400s, Bomber 6As, Strike King Pro Model series sizes 5 & 6, and Fat Free Shads... All pretty good baits.

Almost getting to be deep cranking time - might be my favorite way to fish largemouths...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

As many have stated the DT cranks are pretty darn nice, I would be one mad person if they stopped making them. I throw a ton of DT10 and DT flat side 7... I also like Bandit 200's and Poe 300's... all are in that range you were talking. Wiggle warts can be nice in the heat of the summer, hey have a nice wobble to them.