• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

best cylops lights.

croixflats

I'm looking for a good light to wear on my head any sugestions. Would like them to weigh little luminate well and last a while on batteries. Do they make them rechargable or just batteries. I have used the clip on hat ones always losed batteries in them and always forgot where on/off switch was.

I went to Wal-Fart and picked up the energizer model with 3 different modes (6 l.e.d. bulbs) including the red night vision which I found to be particularly useful to keep bugs at bay. It was 15 bucks and was 30% cheaper than the higher end stuff found at a gander or Dick's. It's fairly lightweight and I think the battery life is great. They had a cheaper model with 3 l.e.d.'s that was a little cheaper as well.....good luck.

I know you said you don't like the hat clip ones but of all the headlamps I've had and all the hat clip lights, I prefer the hat clip ones.

I don't have a specific brand or model to recommend, but if you're looking for good illumination and long battery life and light weight you're looking for an LED light. I think to get something really good you'll have to crack open the wallet a little, maybe $35 plus for these features including small and light????

I realy think I should learn to accept the clip on because it really is versitile and luminateS a lot. Being bald I do where hats to prevent the dreded unmentionable. And I think the clip on fits in. As to to those that may be chalange like me what do you think.

Switch out from a hat and go to a cradle or stay with the hat.

Hey Curt,

I also have the energizer from WMart and a visor clip on which had a habit of turning itself on when packed away. The watch style batteries cost as much as the clip on it seemed so I never bought them. The red led on the energizer is great for night vision, your eyes don't take near as much time to adjust back to darkness as white lite and like said before, doesn't attract as many bugs.

Haven't compared the energizer to the high buck brands, haven't needed to. You know how I like to fish late after dark on the Missouri. Maybe get both and have one as a back-up, remember all the hats we've dunked over the years.

Later, tell mom I'll call soon

Dave

I have had many different types of these and I like the energizer the best by far. Like said previously it had a red light for night, it is LED so the batteries last forever and the white lights are plenty bright. The head band makes it usable with or without the hat.