• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Be Honest

I love ice fishing, but how many of you are like me and want to get the boat out again and be sitting out on a lake fishing in nice weather?
(hopefully catching fish!)

Freshwater Drum (aka sheepshead)? -- Hmm ... haven't come across too many folks who rate 'em as favorites. Glad somebody gives those less charismatic fishies a little well-deserved attention.

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

Fishing is far better in the ice-shack than in the boat. I know that I rather be swimming in the summer time, but a hottub would really feel good after a full day of icefishing. smile.gif

I like fishing hard water, but LOVE being out in the boat. I would love soft water year round. At least the sport shows and boat shows are starting to give us open water guys a bit of a fix.

Dean Thorn

Adam,
I am more at ease in open water... mostly 'cause I can bring along all my "STUFF"... which consists of way too many rods, too many tackle boxes, the wife & her stuff, the kids & their stuff... which barely fits in my 19 footer Alumacraft. Otherwise... I have to cram all my "stuff" all into an Otter Lodge to ice fish!
Reely... I have more fun, either way! I just like to get to go.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

I was just talking about this with my fishing buddy. We fish together about 100 times a year and we spend most of the time summer fishing wishing we were ice fishing and then as soon as ice fishing we wish it were summmer. We decided that's why we love MN. When you can't catch any fish in the winter, you think of the times you got on them in the summer and vice versa.

I just love fishing!!! I do not care if it is hard water or open water just get me out to the lake and let me fish. Both have there advantages and disadvantages but I really do not care as long as I am out on the water. The only time that really sucks is the transition periods where it is half ice and half open water.

All summer long, I think about ice fishing. It has become my favorite thing to do. (At least, my favorite kind of fishing.) I enjoy the solitude alot. It's all vertical. No bugs except the maggots in the container. No jetski people. No boat to drag around and fill with expensive gas. No weed snags. The hum of the Vexilar. Unlimited ice for my cocktails. Good friends who enjoy the same things. Being totally honest, for me, it don't get no better than that!............T