• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Foster

fishinbros

Yeah I got one for you fishinbros...

Don't go out there when the local community college has their canoeing class. :-(

Went out there last Sat morning and was greeted by a dozen canoes out just paddling around the entire area. Most of them kept their distance from the few of us that were shore fishin, except for one that ran over my slip bobber.

Hung out for an hour with out so much as a nibble and called it quits for the day. Too much disturbance from the canoe-ers probably caused the trout to seek refuge.

There are some nice ones out there though. I picked up a couple of 10in rainbows when I took my son out fishing the weekend prior. He was pullin in little sunnies (3-5 inches) just a few feet of shore. And I've seen some nice ones swim by hole when I went out there ice fishing last winter. Just keep your line as small as possible and play the waiting game for them to come cruisin by to see your offering. And when you see a dozen or so canoes out there, head back to your car and find another fishing hole. ha ha ha

Redbeard

Speaking of canoes...when I used to fish it a few years ago, I actually used a canoe and it was very productive. I had the best luck in the evenings casting small rapalas and spinners. I would paddle to the end of the lake where the wind was coming from and set up a drift across the middle of the lake. I would then cast in all directions from the canoe as I drifted the length of the lake. This was a productive tactic and I usually caught several trout and some big ones too. It was also nice because I didn't have to worry about interfering with any of the bank anglers out there. Hope you have access to a canoe and this post helps.