• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Moose

BWCA Trip Disapointment Entry or Parent Entry

Hello all,

I have a trip going in through Snowbank and I'm wondering if the 2 80 rod portages from Snowbank to Parent then Parent to Disapointment is a better route than the one 140 rod from Snowbank to Disapointment. This will be our first day so we will be fully loaded. Also any campsite recomendations would be helpful.

Thanks in advance Moose

I have been over all of them and if memory serves me right they are all easy. For me half the work of portaging is getting out unloading lifting. once it is on the back the distance is not a big deal. If it is you can stopand rest.

Might want to post this down in the BWCA forum. There is a lot of good help down there also. wink

My second trip ever into the BWCA was from Snowbank to Disappointment (and then doing the loop up through Ensign). It's a very easy trip between Snowbank and Disappointment, even with a lot of gear. If you do the entire loop, the only portage that seemed tough was the 320 back into Snowbank from Ensign. Although that might have been because I was pretty green at the time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• I've been posting on here since Feb. 4, 2002 - since the days of the Great Red Lake Crappie Boom.  I met several of the members on here in person back then, but most of them are gone now.   Big Dave has me beat by one day, and Del is a relative newby in that respect, but he's the only real "old-timer" on here....😊    
    • A 12v camera with light available from Tomtop out of China $70 with 65 ft cable on reel. Its color HD resolution 1000tvl better than 720p used by Marcum & Aquavu HD units. (Except latest Marcum 1020p latest camera $650). Only drawback, it takes 20 to 30 days and $6 shiping. Link to Tomtop camera. They off a lot of camera options so you may want to da a bit of searching. https://m.tomtop.com/p-y3578-15.html?currency=USD&Warehouse=CN&aid=gplausyly&mid=10000018477&utm_source=SEM&utm_medium=Google Adwords&utm_campaign=TT_PLA_YLY&utm_content=2945&gclid=Cj0KCQiAxs3gBRDGARIsAO4tqq3wBcNnVRFIUf2QknDLs18FF6NrhJ9raJW9BAdaowvDD1gw08q_abwaAilBEALw_wcB Pic simple wire diagram. And how to configure cable on camera  to get Horz. view  
    • Another month and it will be 12 years on here for me - and I might’ve been posted topless once in all that time. 🕺
    • I been single for 4 years now!!  well almost...  after the wife passed away I stayed single..  somehow that changed the last few months!!!  🤣
    • Looking to get a camera for nothing but connecting to the ice house TV.  Want good resolution and color for kids. What's the best economical solution? Thanks, EJ  
    • Dang, this thread has been an eye opener.  And here I only ignored my wife for 10 years, it's funny some of you are still married!   🤣
    • need to win on home ice, no matter how good they are. seems as though we lost our home ice advantage, looks like we may be getting the home cooking working again.
    • congrats on the 10 years. I got curious how long I have been here, I hit 16 years last month, I can't believe its been that long. 🤓
    • Looking fabulistic grainbelt!! How long did you let em swim in the marinade anyhow??
    • Great advice and sounds like you have had some great times on the great Upper Red Lake!  The difference on Red from having a good day to a great day can be as much as moving 20 feet away!  From what you explain I would try to befriend a local or rent an ice auger and bring with the cold gear.  Rent your house like you are and then throw the auger in the car and explore or just pop holes in the area of your house so you can get out enjoy the uniqueness of fishing outside and your chances for landing more fish increases greatly opposed to hard house fishing.  Good Luck!!