• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

BWCA Trip Disapointment Entry or Parent Entry

Hello all,

I have a trip going in through Snowbank and I'm wondering if the 2 80 rod portages from Snowbank to Parent then Parent to Disapointment is a better route than the one 140 rod from Snowbank to Disapointment. This will be our first day so we will be fully loaded. Also any campsite recomendations would be helpful.

Thanks in advance Moose

I have been over all of them and if memory serves me right they are all easy. For me half the work of portaging is getting out unloading lifting. once it is on the back the distance is not a big deal. If it is you can stopand rest.

My second trip ever into the BWCA was from Snowbank to Disappointment (and then doing the loop up through Ensign). It's a very easy trip between Snowbank and Disappointment, even with a lot of gear. If you do the entire loop, the only portage that seemed tough was the 320 back into Snowbank from Ensign. Although that might have been because I was pretty green at the time.