• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rigging Plastics?

TMF89

Hey guys, just wondering how you rig some of the bigger plastics? I know jigs are the most common, but a lot of the super senkos and worms I have don't need the extra weight. Does anyone texas rig em? What hooks do you use? Any other options? I was thinking rigging them up like a Killer Eel, with two single hooks, 7 or 8/0s. Any other ideas?

Hiya -

Lunker City, the company that makes Slug-gos, also makes an 8/0 offset worm hook that's perfect for Texas-rigging big plastics. Might have to get them from their HSOforum, but a pack of 5 is about $4.50 or so. They also make 7/0, 9/0 and 10/0 weighted straight-shank hooks which work pretty well too.

I bet with big swimbaits being so popular with bass guys these days you could also find some hooks there that would work - 6/0 or 7/0 Falcon swimbait hooks, or the big Diachiis.

Personally, I use a single hook with big plastic baits like lizards, etc. Fish either head hunt them, or eat the whole thing....

Cheers,

Rob Kimm