• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore Action In High Water!

Shack

Well, got out once again last night. Found some high water spots that have not had water in them in like 10 years or so for this time of year. We set up in a tough area and thats when it hit. The storm! Off to the east, the sirens started to blare. Then came the torrential down pour. We could barely see or rods threw the rain. We saw my rod pump a couple times, but figured it was 30-40mph (or more) winds. Finally I saw a thump action that sent me out into the torrential down pour. I came up to the rod and clicker was a blaring. Good thing, my line was almost gone. Picked up and set the hook. I fought the fish in strong current, thick snagage and the worst storm I have fished in for years. Thanks God I brought a net, our shore landing spot turned into a rain gutter and we never would have been able to land the Flat. Thanks to a brave netting from KQ#1, we landed the flat.

39x25 Pool 2 Flat head

rt4XkyQpKiTFy3Xb80s7stXEEya2Hi5B0300.jpg

+ObxUOgbTmR5AkpOWORIlNfp-sVvf2m80300.jpg

I wish I could have gotten better images, but these where taken in the rain.

Not a monster, but at least the monkey is off my back for the year. Wished we could have had better fishing cond. last night. I sound like a broken record crazy

Now, was I in the Moores Contest? grin

I was not cry. So someone has to have gotten a bigger one last light, or i will be kicking my self. I am sure someone got a bigger one.

Another Channel last night also:

n938xV0VFf05bZhyoI8P3XGXWTYEzb2Q0300.jpg

This was caught on shrimp confused

Nice fish Josh.

Good job on locating that one. Slack water next to current is key right now especially if you can find some baitfish around.

Also no worries on the Moore's contest, I assure you there was at least one fish that was about double that size wink

I do think purchasing that net (all though I did not have the big one with) broke my dry spell grin.

I did not get to lick this one, cause of the storm going on. Look in the back ground at the weeds wink and this was in a sheltered area. It was hard to keep the KOTC hat on in the wind. I am sure you guys out in the boats took it much worse.

Sad to say, but the idea of heading out in strong storms and tornado sirens is a great time for flats. If I had gotten video footage (if it was not raining), you would here sirens in the back ground.

Quote:
Is that an "orb" in your picture? (sorry, ghosthunters reference).

No orbs Sand, that was rain going side ways in front of the camera. grin