• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Engine Heaters?

Bob Horn

been a few years since i did that kind of work, but block heaters were the best than. hose heaters are easier to put in, but not as good for heating the block. i would have a mech. install the block heater if your not mech. inclined.

Get a "Zero Start" block heater. Then check the instruction to see where it fits on your vehicle. If it has easy access, it can be a 20 min. project sometimes. If access is terrible think about having a shop install it. Also take extra measures when knocking out the frost plug to make sure it doesn't fall into the blocks water jackets.

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

My truck came with one, but I bought a van a few months back and had one installed. Cost was around $100. Vans are not easy to work on but even if they were--$100 isn't much considering the nightmare you could end up with if things don't go exactly according to plan.

Good Luck

I assume you're planning on heading north. Can't imagine you'd need one where you're located. My truck doesn't get plugged in 'til the forecasted low hits -10F or less (e.g. the last two nights!).

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt