• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

day blown to----

dairyman

Had high hopes this morning about going fishing ---got all loaded and took off down the road --about 5 miles from home the truck started to loose power and then nothing. Lucky I was able to pull it off on to the side of the road and call someone to come and get me. Two trips later the trucks home and so is the boat.

I figure the fuel pump crapped out on me. Called the supply house and a new pump is $350++ plus labor. What a great start to a weekend. I haven't got my stimulus check yet but that should just about cover it. Hope,hope!!! You guys have a great weekend I think I'll be cutting grass instead of fishing.........

I know how you feel. Last sunday was one of those days. I got the boat to the landing the truck stalls on the ramp. Had to pull it on level ground to get it started. Though I did get the boat in the water.Parked truck got in boat and the boat moter would'nt run right after ten minnutes got it to run fine.Looked down a noticed short one life jacket. Luckily I live a block off the river 2 miles down river. Zipp down get life jacket then start fishing.Yep, trolling moter decides to only turn to the right.

Well, at the end of the day took boat out, truck ran rough but ran stopped at local gas station to get refreshmants. Then when leaving the truck dies in middle of the intersection. I figure out of gas (gas gage dont work) push truck to pumps tank was almost full. Then it hits me fuel pump went bad.After a call I finally got everyone home.

Boy when it hits the fan it hits hard.

At least I got out fishing and still had a good time.

I feel for you, Hopefully you will get the truck on the road real soon and get some fishing in

I thought I had a bad day yesterday dropping my $500 cell phone in the water. Luckily I have the insurance and it's only $50 to get a new one. I fell for you guys though, sounds like you had some harsh times.

Look on the bright side, 350 is alot cheaper then if someone rearended you while turning into the lake or while stopped on the road. Yeah, a day lost fishing and a bit of hassel but now you know the truck will run fine(not a fuel pump) and you'll get to your next destination. It is a drag when mechanical woes keep you from a much anticipated day out on the water but coulda ben worse. Hope all works out well for you!

Tunrevir~

Glad to hear things worked out for you. May the fish gods smile on your day on the water for the previous sacrifices you have made. I have a good feeling on this one!

Tunrevir~

I thought I had a bad day yesterday dropping my $500 cell phone in the water. Luckily I have the insurance and it's only $50 to get a new one. I fell for you guys though, sounds like you had some harsh times.

Funny, My Nextel is on the bottom of Mille Lacs...Happened saturday some time.

Not cool to loose stuff.