• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pimpin the Porty

WTN4ICE

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look'in Nice dude!

Once you start, its funny how far one will take these mods. I like the fact you are doing it during the summer gives you time to let your mind roam grin on other added features.

Those are great seats too, made by Tempress.

Tempress Seats

Same seats Frabill uses in there GT line. Best seats around if ya ask me, tough, nothing to rot, hinges are secure, folds flat, and they are very comfortable. I use my Frabill seats all year around.

Tempress also has a nifty quick release/swivel system that makes multi-season use a snap. They come in white, gray, and black to match seats.

45930_150.jpg

I made more progress this weekend. I decided to paint as opposed to carpet. I sometimes like to have different lures/jigs laying out & hooks tend to get stuck in carpet.

I was just going to go with a grey color...Then my oldest daughter came by to see what has kept me in the garage lately.

She is not much of an outdoors person but was impressed with my creativity & suggested a more creative paint scheme.

As you can see I took her advise. I like outcome.It's two shades of grey & a POP of power red.Whether this will help me catch more fish or not remains to be seen.

004-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

I got some of the basic wiring done while waiting for the LED strips to show up.The switch will be hidden behind the minnow pail.

A friend suggested a simple way to secure some 1lb tanks for the grill. Love deer sausage on the ice !!!!!

001-3.jpg

002-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

wish I knew how to post pics. I will try and explain mine best with words. it a ranger XL I have a 2x12 in the back around the gunnel with a few inches to spare around in between the seats and a dozen holes to hold rods and what not I made a bracket to hold my auger and I strap it down. it does get a bit heavy when pulling but its the way I like it. I would guess its 150lbs loaded. I pull it around with a snowmobile as soon as I can. have never had ne fall out since the mods. I broke an auger thus the bracket.

The BHK lights are installed.They are two 96cm strips wired to one switch.

I decided to put some polyurathane on the lids to protect the paint,that is going on this weekend. After the poly the fabric goes back on and I'll see how much room there is left to mount the auger behind the seats.

PimpinthePorty001-3.jpg

PimpinthePorty002-1.jpg

I think I'm done(for now). The auger is mounted & I used an idea I saw here to secure the poles.I am going to weigh it fully loaded to get a final weight.

I will be at the Mods GTG with it.This will be my first GTG...Can't wait !!!

Directions to Thorn Bros from Fargo appreciated.

031.jpg

%7Boption%7D032.jpg[

034.jpg

The final weight as it sits in the latest pics is 225 lbs.

This is with everything I would normally take with me inside.A 20lb propane tank that used to be in the sled will be mounted on my snowmobile. I don't know what a full tank weighs but I think eliminating it offsets the weight of the wood that was added.I wish I had thought to weigh it before the mods so all of this is just a guess.

I pulled it out on the ice loaded & unloaded it in a Ranger PU by myself for many years. Now pulling it with the Indy has made things easier also loading it on the trailer is better than in the truck.

I am happy with the results & can't wait to get on the ice for a trial run. I'm sure there will be some "tweaking" to come.

To anyone who is thinking of doing this but is worried about weight I say..Go ahead have some fun if I see you out there I will be happy to give you a pull.

See you all at the Mods GTG !!!!

Directions from Fargo is about as easy as it gets. 94 East for about 3.5 hours sleep, veer onto 694 East when you get to that point. Right after you cross the river take the University exit. Head North for a few miles and it will be on the left. If you see the big flag at perkins your close, if you pass perkins you went to far.

This looks great. I know I have seen many guys use these LED light strips. Can anyone give me the exact link to the light series you guys are using? I'd like to order up a few of these for my fish houses this year.

WTN4ICE, great looking mods. I live in DL and may have to take a look at that house sometime!

Just a question for those who have done the mods. Has anyone tried using a quick pin release setup for there frame? I was just thinking this may come in handy for early ice when a guy wants to stay as light as possible and can't use any other mode of transportation than 2 feet

We can't post the direct link to where most buy the lights, but if you g@@gle Best H@ng Kong the link at the top is where most purchase the lights from. (replace the @'s with o's grin) I have 2 48 cm strips in my house, and they're plenty bright. Good luck!

WTN4ICE, you have a very nice mod going for you, I was the one in the black sleeveless Sturgis shirt, you know the one that asked 100 questions. 1 question I did not get to ask was, with out all the equipment how much added weight is in just the wood frame/tops?