• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pelican lake

ikeslayer

So this past winter i was doing some research looking for a lake that a few of us could have a get together on and i looked at Pelican (WEst of Albertville). I didn't find anything on the DNR site for it as far so i set it aside and looked elsewhere. Well i heard that a bass club is having a tourney on it so i must have somthing in it. I just want to know a few things about it. How deep, how healthy, Does it get lots of pressure, is there alot of rec anglers out there. Would you recommend this lake to a fellow basser.

let me know

ike

Deepest it gets is around 9 feet MAX that I've seen out there, Weedy Weedy Weedy already and it only gets worse. Watch out for dead heads and other misc. stuff floating around. Lots of trees standing in the water as well as a ton of other vegetation. As far as the pressure it's pure insanity out there every single day. Put it this way, the access is a mud hole with no designated parking just park where ever you want within the "Ropes". I've never seen a bigger puppet show at a landing as I have at this lake. It gets tons of pressure from Bass fisherman as well as panfish fisherman. There are nice sized Bass and Huge Northerns in there though, I've seen and caught many. If you were going to fish it, I personally would go during the week if at all possible seeing as every weekend there's around 50 trucks in the access parking lot and I'm not kidding.

It can be once you get onto the lake. The lake is huge so it's a rarity to run into someone else. It's just a pain to get out there but it reminds me of fishing in Missouri with all the trees, stumps and other things to fish in the water. One more thing is there's never any jet-skis or anything of that nature ripping circles around either, probably cause there's too much vegetation but when you catch fish they usually have some weight to them which is nice.

Some guys I know have been telling me about this lake. I think I might give it a try, but don't really wanna break my boat. Thats is anymore than it's already broke. (Had a mishap this weekend frown but made up for it with a salmon fishing trip on MOnday and Tuesday smile )

This lake is an internet casualty. I've fished it for a few years and rarely saw more than 2 or 3 boats at the landing. Someone started posting pictures and reports and spreading the word and it was an overnight sensation. Now there is no where to even park. I've never seen a lake go down that fast. So word to the wise, be discreet if you don't want company.

I was out there last weekend. you can look in the buffalo-annandale-big lake forum for a thread. I was able to go wide open. this is a very stained lake. lots of weeds and shallow. I didn't explore the whole lake. was out with my 4 year old son. planning on going back. if you launch there, there are 2 logs. go between them. there is a big hole just on the outside of those logs....I know because I fell in it smile