• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's Over, Move On.

DonBo

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOA, easy there!!! Some of us love the hardwater!! I can honestly say I haven't stepped one virtual foot in the open water forum!!! in fact, on the open water, you darn fishermen get in my way on my waterski/tube/kneeboard!!! T minus 6 months to ice fishing!!!

I spend about 5 times as much time on the ice as I do on liquid. I'm always thinking about icefishing. I just enjoy it more. I think about deer hunting in March too. I hope this weather holds up too. Maybe I can be walking out before thanksgiving this year just like the old days. Long live Windchill!!!

For us without a boat, the ice is the only time we really get to fish where we want to.

Totally Agree 100%. I can fish all the humps, bumps & dumps that only the boaters can get to on the open water!!!

Of course I am not too anxious for the hard water because I got some more catfishing to do (from shore)

It just shows the dedication of us ice fishermen....we still have a strong showing in the off season. at any given time, during open water, the people in open water will be double ice fishing. HOWEVER from late october through march and into april, there is ten times the viewers in the ice fishing forum as open water. we don't sit and pout during our off season, which is 3-4 times what yours is!!!

this could be fun, a new version of "ford VS chevy"!!!!

I too would rather ice fish. I am not a big fan of fishing out of a boat (I lived on one for over a year) and shore fishing usually means mosquitoes and flys. I am really looking forward to the St Paul Ice Fishing show already

RIGHT ON GENTLEMEN !!!!! Glad to see I'm not the only one with hardwater on the brain.As I said before I could EASILY live without summer.Just finihed three days on the road and now no work till the 23rd.I am looking to get my Voyager mod project started.I have been gathering materials and rolling ideas around in my head since the last day on the ice April 4th.Time for some quality garage time. I will post photos as things progress.If I can get back on by Dec 12 thats only 182 more days of bad ice.

WHOA, easy there!!! in fact, on the open water, you darn fishermen get in my way on my waterski/tube/kneeboard!!!

Ohhhhh, your one of those guys...... wink that are chasing all my fish away and spilling my beer. laugh

I like both, but just seem to have more time to fish in the winter.

Right on ice brohters! Something about the ice that gets my blood boiling. Alot esier to keep kids comfortable an the wife if ya get her out, no bugs, no motion sickness with wife an kids, no "I have to go to shore NOW! ect. ect. ect. Boar

I find that I'm able to get out more in the winter, but I'm working on changing that this year. I've been out at least once a week now which is much better than last year on the open water.

All I know is I sure got the itch to go icefishing after watching all that ice on Ice Road Truckers.

Same feeling here man

What a great show even though I dont really know why it is good. Just something about so much weight on so little ice and the anticipation of a truck falling through!

Don't be knockin the hard water.

Hey guys, I'm not knockin' all you ice people. I ice fish myself, but I also have a life in the summertime. Was a beautiful night last night on the water while all you folks were suckin' suds in the garage or dreaming of fishing again, I was doin it.

There's a big world out there, don't get your head stuck in the ice is all I'm sayin'. grinsmileblushwhistle