• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Well I'm getting old...

Hit the big 44 yesterday and celebrated at La Pub last night. Our game in Floyd got to the bottom of the 2nd innning with our team ahead 5-2 with runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs when mother nature blasted us with heavy rains, wind and lightning. Had a good time at the bar last night with the guys and there girl friends. Shots and peers were flowing and the pizza was great as usual. Working the next 4 days straight umpiring. Catch and release a few for me guys....

Thanks guys! Should be a Grampa here in a couple of weeks..

Was getting ready to go to work and Amanda noticed our cat of 17 years is not acting right, called her to take her medication and she's not getting up. If she's still there at lunch I'll have to take her to the vet... Yep were all getting older...

We buried our 17 yr. old cat Corsica Saturday morning right next to Kiki and Precious.

Todd things were crazy this weekend, worked 4 games this weekend and my scheduler wanted to know if I could work a 5th game earlier on Father's Day, my butt's dragging but I have lost a few pounds with the work as of late, which I guess is a good thing.

Working Men's fast-pitch tonight in Prospect, playing in Floyd Tuesday, umpiring in Utica Wednesday, Rome Thursday, off for Amanda's dance in Camden Friday night and Saturday and working 2 games Sunday night. That will be 32 games already for the month on June and we still will have a week plus left to be scheduled, crazy buzy crazy

She lived a long life and died painlessly in her sleep. Rosa picked her up from a "Free Kitten add in the paper" for me when we started dating. Just went through my divorce and was awaiting a judges decision on custody of my kids, a long couple of months, my most vivid memory I have of her was at about 2 years old she got into the closet and decided to bat around a rapala I had on a long rod and got a treble stuck in her lip and the another treble in her back paw. Now think about that ...Lip and back paw, wish I had a digital then... I did the surgery myself and did a fantastic job. She will be missed, thanks guys..

Did my first Men's fast-pitch game last night and it was pretty easy., looking forward to the next.

Todd - Rosa said you called... I'll give you a jingle after work

Tim, sorry about the cat. Saying "the cat" does not give it the credit it deserved. Takes a cat owner to appreciate the nuance of owning one. They are actually more dependent than a dog on their owners. My 15 year old goes in for his annual lion cut next week. He's [PoorWordUsage]'d for a couple of days but then thinks he's the bomb when he patrols the back fence. I can't imagine the fun you went through in the surgery room.

Tim,

The loss of a pet always hurts, but the memories temper it some, I've found. Just the same, I am sorry to hear of your loss.

As far as the age thing goes, ever hear the Jerry Reed song about yellow teeth? It's a good laugh!! After the last 2 wks weather, some remodeling, helping to build a wooden guide boat and stading in cold streams, I'm 45 feeling like 95. Still, I can't complain, if I do, it'll likely get worse! lol

Ray

Thanks Ray.. Guys I apologize for not being very outdoorsy the last couple of months. Besides dance in Camden this weekend I volunteered and umpired the Rome Tourney as well Saturday and Sunday, did 7 games total for the benefit and worked two games last night and didn't get home till 11 p.m. luckily I found an hour to get the grass cut before the rain hit.. Todd I'll get it together soon when things wind down. Amanda has practice this week M-W-F 4:30 to 6 p.m. and I have a Men's Fastpitch game to umpire tonight at 8:15..

Tim, after this week the pontoon will be in the water (have to take it in to get a seat repaired). Any time you want to make a quick run let me know. I can’t guarantee fish like Thunder or Chef, but I’ll give it heck!