• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warning: Boat Access Horror Story!

Musky_Madness

Do you have full size tires. 15"s. Probably do. I went out and looked at my roller trailer. The lower cross member must be just on bunks. The lowest part on my trailer is the axel. I am suprised that launch is the first place you git hung up on being that low. What happens on driveways?

Nothing has happened at any driveways or aprons of businesses or anything else around various towns. I agree with what Valv said about the access. It was all gravel in the fall when they were reworking it and supposed they quick tarred it to get it done before the snow and never checked up on it again.

I talked with the DNR and they came to the conclusion that a combination of several factors occured.

First: The boat access was not completed yet and needed additional tar.

Second: The boat trailer design/added weight from filling up with water (This frame is welded shut so there is never any water draining out of the trailer).

Third: Passenger in the boat as it was pulled out (Just as there was putting in)

So the DNR concludes that it was a combination of all 3 factors that had a horrible result. They did report that they did add more tar to finish off the access and appreciated the input and were sending the photos around the DNR offices to take a look at them. The guy was very helpful and even offered to go fishing sometime with me.

Sounds like they were nice to you and wanted to resolve it. I can see their point somewhat. But a ramp should be able to hold a boat trailer where there is water and a body in the boat as that is how most work.

I would for sure take him up on fishing. Not often you get to share a boat with men and women in law enforcement. It would be a great time. You would get some great stories I'm sure.