• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Straps by Todays Tackle

Matt Johnson

I used the Rod Straps by Todays Tackle again this past weekend when fishing for walleyes. I attached them to the inside of my portable on the side pole. Made fishing a lot easier out on the ice especially with the cold conditions. Kept my rod up away from the ground where it didn't freeze up and it worked great as a strike indicator for those walleyes that would come up on occation and just slowly grab the bait and drop to the bottom. When a walleye would take the bait the rod tip would slowly go down and the walleye felt no tension.

I also rigged an extra Rod Strap on the opposite side of the portable for a rod that I wasn't using so that I had easy access if I wanted to switch. All I had to do was pull the velcro strap and I was fishing with a new rod. Then I would put the previous rod I was fishing with right on that Rod Strap and it was up out of the way and available for use once I needed it with easy access. A lot of uses for the Rod Strap, these are just a few. I've used them for crappies too, and they work great!

If you want to check out the Rod Straps or get more info go to this link:

Rod Straps

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 01-05-2004).]

They are $5.99 plus shipping and handling. If you go to the link above you can buy them off that site. Todays Tackle is the same company that makes the Ice Buster Bobber.

I will have some with me at the Winni ICE Series event this weekend that I can demo if needed.

They are very easy to set-up and can be taken down and stored even easier. They will fit right in your pocket.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 01-06-2004).]

The "Rod Straps" are selling for $5.99 per 2-pack plus shipping. Good Quality at a cheap price! They were designed to keep your rod and reel off the Ice or ground and NOT in the water. Last year I brought a friend of mine Ice Fishing and let him use an expensive rod and reel. Next thing I heard was the Klapoosh down the hole! Not good! So I decided to make an inexpensive, versatile rod holder that attaches to almost Anything. Velcro - quick on and off. I've used them as a Deadstick rod holder (it allows your rod to bend down when a fish pulls) and attached the Rod Strap to my 4-wheeler rack, Snowmobile rack (just make sure to line up ice hole below the rod tip) Permanent house, Portable shacks (to the tubes), 5-gallon buckets (cut a 1" slot in top of bucket and attach strap), Coleman pop up chairs, and even rod stakes that are pushed into the shore line when bank fishing. It's a great peace of mind not worrying about losing or stepping on a rod. I like to stack up 2 rods (one above the other)with the Rod Straps, in my portable ice shack. That way I can switch to what ever rod is needed. You can see pictures of the Rod Strap on this site. Have fun, Bruce Mosher

------------------
Bruce Mosher,www.icebusterbobbers.com

Sorry about not replying asap. I just got back from LOW. Fished the last 3 days. Caught a few Walleyes, Big Perch, And lost a couple big walleyes in the hole. I will not be able to make it to the Winnie this weekend. But you can order from Rick or my wedsite www.todaystackle.com I will try to make it to LOW Ice Series. You guys will like the Rod Straps. I will start to get them into a few stores shortly. Lots of uses for them! Good luck fishing, Bruce Mosher

I picked up a set at the ST. Paul Ice show in Decemeber. The best way that I've found to use them is when perch fishing and even walleye fishing, it pays to have another rod rigged, baited and ready to go down the hole as soon as the fish is out to keep the school under you. I just let the one pole hang beside me in my Otter and it's ready whenever needed.

Bruce...........

If you read this please contact me.. LOL LOL Boy your hard to get ahold of.. We are looking at moving our date for the tournament to Feb. 28.. too many conflicts on the 7th with other contests.

We need to chat.. and make time to hook up. Did you ever get your Ziplocks yet??? LOL........PS... Them rod straps rock... Heck every thing that comes out of Bruce's shop is great quality and works very well..

Rusty

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 01-11-2004).]