• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

heading to Lake of the Woods this week....

gophish

i'm heading to lake of the woods this week with some college buds. none of us have ever been there and are looking to go for cheap. I"m looking for fishing suggestions and tips.
any help would be great.

hi i go to lotw all the time do you own portables or do you want to rent houses thier are many roads you can drive out on and fish in portables i would highly reccomend going off bablers road in roosevelt close to warroad very good fishing out thier on the reefs or try long point resort they rent houses for 13.50 per hole per day not per person like most

Kind of a kick to the jugular with that beautiful 8-10" of white stuff however, did quite well out of long point bringing home 20 over 14" between saugers and eyes nothing big though. Heard good luck coming three miles out of morris point. Good luck with the lodging try the walleye inn.

------------------
searchin skys for eyes

thanks jigemup.
yes, we have have shacks lanterns heaters poles and everything, but we are used to small lakes and a few dont ice fish much at all. so we need some general help as far as depths, lures, baits, presentations, structure, times, etc.
thanks

Gophish: Click on the Lake of the Woods site. Some good info there on lures and depths, as well as area's to fish that were mentioned here. gold is good, Buckshot Rattle, Kazmaster, pink/white Angel Eye jr. plain gold hooks, red hooks. Don't be afraid to switch things up.

Lodging could be tough. Baudette Motel is decent, but you may want to jump to the Resort Locator and start calling. They do have cancellations and you might luck out there. We stay at Riverbend which is just before Wheelers Point. Decent luck two weeks ago, and I headed back on 1/19. Have a great time you should have a ball. Good luck, and hang on. Bill

gophish, try the hotels in warroad. it's about 35 miles west of Baudette, but we couldn't get in anywhere around the baudette area and we got in at the super 8 in warroad. there's a few hotels there. there's good fishing out there too...

good luck and good fishin'
fishgutz

Gophish,
We went out of Zipple Bay last Friday and Saturday. All the hotels were filled up in Baudette and Warroad so we ended up staying just across the border at the Road Runner Motel. I think it was only $50 for a room. Make sure you guys have a vehicle that can get through some snow if it gets windy out there. Good luck and have some fun!