• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bug control in the boat

harvey lee

Yes, I have turned it off and then the next time went out and turnes it back on without changing the pad. I do not change the blue pad until the thing turns white which means the chemical has burned off.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says each pad last about 4 hours. You get 3 pads in a refill pack and that’s how you get to 12 hours.

If you watch the pad, after an hour or so it becomes white. What I have been doing to get extra life is letting the pad go until it does not have smoke coming up from unit (around 6 hours, or until the bugs start coming around). What happens then is you run out of fluid before using the pads up. I have burned threw a couple bottles so far and I am going to see about refilling them like you would a lighter.

I just bought the lantern last night for the race trailer. Seems if it will work that good in the open air for the boat, should work great also for the race trailer even with the rear ramp door open. Always bugs in the trailer.

I just bought the lantern last night for the race trailer. Seems if it will work that good in the open air for the boat, should work great also for the race trailer even with the rear ramp door open. Always bugs in the trailer.

It says not to use it in an enclosed area. Even with the door open you may experience a lot of build up inside the trailer.

I like mine, fuel runs out before you run out of scent pads. I just put Velcro on the back and attach to the center console of my boat, it covers the front and back of the boat that way. I also use it on the deck at home and just put another piece of Velcro on the swing and hang it there. I to would be interested in anyone who has tried to refill the fuel cell?

Finally got a real good chance to use my new ThermaCell last night. One word. Phenomenal!

Every one was on the deck within about 12-15 feet and hanging out without a single bite. Step off the patio and away about 5-10 feet and we got crushed by the buggers. Back to the ThermaCell and viola, no more skeeters.

Very impressive. Thanks to all on here that recommended it and had the courage to try it out early on.

WOW, thanks for the input on this device, went out to Walmart

last night before firing off the fireworks and it they worked

wonders compared to the getting all stinky from Deep woods off.

Let them get going for a about 5 mn and now worries after. These

are fantastic. Bought 6 refills and 2 thermocells. Should last a

while.

Used ours on vacation this past week and they didn't work worth a darn. We got bit up by mosquitos regardless of having both running within 20' of each other.

Don't know why, but for us they didn't keep the mosquitos away at all.

They require to be on for about 20 minutes before they work well. Look at the front end of it, can you see the red v shaped coil, or just a blue flame? If it is windy out, the wind will blow away the scent and wont work well. I have noticed even with it on, when prime time is there you will get a swarm or two that it doesnt repel. But I would say 90% of those buggers are detered, and that alone is well worth it!

Yeah, we had them on for a couple hours sitting around at night. Both nights were nice and calm and as you mention, the coils were red and there was a slight stream of smoke rising from the units.

Boy, thats strange as all I have had with these units is very good control. We had one in the race trailer last night at the track and it helped there also with the interior lights on and the doors open.

If you don't care for them Eric and cannot return them, give me a call as I may be interested in them.

I am a believer.. I have a shack on Little Pleasant Lake, at the end of the road, in the trees. I have a pond to the southeast, the Lake to the south and west. A low area to the northwest and a pond on the north end of the property, Between the north pond and the pond to the southeast is a wheat field.

In previous years on the Fourth of July weekend, after dusk there was no way you would survive the skeeters outside after dark.

Using the Thermocell this year the family was able to set by the campfire till midnight with little bother from them. Step away from the area the Thermocell was and they would attack and carry ya back to the pond to finish you off later.

I will be purchasing more of these units.

Certainly cheaper than West Nile.

Lynn

I used mine last night on the shoreline of Mississippi River fishing for carp.The Thermocell worked beautifully keeping away the skeeters, and flies, but it had little effect in keeping away the gnats.Oh,well,just keeping the skeeters away is definitely worth the price I paid for it.

We will be up in MN the middle of Aug. for a couple weeks. Where can I get these Thermacells, what ever it is, sounds like most of you are happy with them

I am on a free roll because I used some of my Bass Pro Shop credit card points to buy mine. I paid $21.99 for the olive color model and bought a 4 pack of refills. Should be enough for my upcoming 2 week trip to Cass Lake. I will report back after Aug 3rd when I get back and let everybody know how they did.

I tell you what, if they worked on those darn biting flies I would wear the darn thing like a gangster necklace!!! I hate those biting flies.

Windy