• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance lcX27C?

PerchPounder

Since installing the new depth finder we've had nothing but trouble. Even while we're essentially not moving it will read 1.1' and go either black or yellow. After reading some old posts we tried moving the transducer and running a seperate hot straight to the battery but neither have made a difference. The GPS and temp readings don't seem to be affected when it decides to change states. The problem can also last for hours or a minute which is the part that is really confusing. Am I missing something obvious or do we need to try the the new transducer that the dealer is ordering for us today?

Here's a screen shot while its on the fritz

lcx27c.jpg

Is it running at version 2.3 software ? Some of the bad software that they had last year caused problems reading in shallow water and they might not have the latest and greatest on the new units and 2.3 is the latest on there HSOforum.

That's just bizarre. I've never seen one look like that before. If the shallow water was the problem it'd just flash. I've never seen the black mixed in unless you have it set on night mode or something, but even then there shouldn't be any yellow from what I recall.

Maybe try a hard reset of the unit? I don't remember the keys you have to push and hold to do it, and FYI it'll go back to factory default just like you took it out of the box if you do the hard reset. I'd try the new transducer first.

The screenshot you see above will randomly come up and look like that out of the blue. right before that it was operating normally and it will eventually come out of it and continue normal operation. We have tried resetting it and it hasn't helped. It has done this since it was purchased new in April.

I agree, sounds like a problem with the head unit and not the transducer. I'd try the hard reset (not the soft reset) and try to update the software ..... if that doesn't work I'd probably bite the bullet and send it in for warranty repairs. Do an on-line return authorization if you have to go that route, it's much quicker. I got a 332c back in 8 days door-to-door last summer.

Is the unit on the dash and then the transducer wire run with a bunch of other wires to the back of the boat? I ran my transducer wire through the side of the boat to the back with all the other wires and steering stuff. Worked fine sometimes and stutter stepped others. Finally up on Rainy it started giving me nothing but headaches trying to figure the thing out. It was giving me crazy readings. After reading the book sized manual I'd read about rewiring the power but remebered about rerouteing the transducer wire away from everything else. My temp wasn't even working at this point and time very frusterating. Took the transducer wire out of the side of the boat and ran it on the outside. Bingo the unit ran like they show you in the demos. Even the temp worked again.

Good luck with it. Lowrance is great to deal with. Have nothing but good things to say about them. Call them they may be able to help you over the phone. The times I've had problems with their stuff in the past their help knows their stuff front and back and go out of their way to make sure you know how to use their equipment to it's full potential.