• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What the poor word usage is going on with my boat

Sutty

My wife just calls and tells me the motor is tilting up and trying to make a hole in the garage door... So I think something must be hitting one of the tilt/trim switches so Itell her to push down on the one on the motor ... nothing ok uncover the one on the throttle ... nothing ok uncover the front of the boat by the trolling motor great it quits but nothing was hitting it. She calls back I have the garage door open but the #%$## thing is doing it again. OK go up to the switch by the trolling motor again and push down on it again to get it to stop. Than I walk her through pulling the wires off the battery. So now that the motor is no longer possessed do I have a bad switch somewhere? Where do I start?

You need a new trim relay. Cheap and easy fix. You just need to find if it is the relay in the throttle box or on the motor (if you have a trim button there). Ours was on our motor, and it would go off on hot and humid days. You could do just the relay ($20) or the whole trim assembly for more $$. I personally would do the whole trim assembly, easier but costs a bit more.

good luck, if you tell what motor it is somebody here can probably even give you the part number or how to change it.

-sounds like it might be the one on your bow that is going funky. Start there.

There's two trim relays - one for up and one for down, and they're both on the motor. The rest are just two position momentary switches.

Regardless, follow the blue wire (blue = up, green = down, red=power) and the red wire to a relay, take it into the dealer and get a new one. A pretty easy fix.

You may need to remove a black plastic cover under the hood, probably the RH side, to get at the relays.

marine_man