• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
borg0196

Minneapolis

I just moved to Minneapolis off of E. Lake St. Can anyone point me out to some spots along the Miss. in that area? or anywhere else thats close? it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ummm....... I would have to say a good place thats not to far away would be harriet island for shore fishing. Not to many people fish it, and you can get into some nice fish. Do you have a boat or are you strictly shore?

Then yeah I would same the whole stretch of Harriet Island would work. Otherwise you could go down to pike island in the fort snelling park. I used to have real good luck down there.

borg- I live in that neighborhood. Shoot me an email and I'll give you some places to start.

benandhisbeard at hotmail.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Fishing a mid lake Hump that came up to 45ft. Caught most of the fish between 50-61. We did catch some on the top of the hump in the evening. 
    • How deep were the trout running?  We heard ultra deep on Crow to 30 ft.  The 30 ft number came from people actually catching them.   Thanks for the pics!  I like the fly rod smallie.
    • try the raid spray on grass at bottom. 
    • Here are some pictures from this years trip!
    • How do you keep ants off your feeders, especially hummingbird and oriole feeders? I've tried Toro and Raid sprays on the post but it seeks the birds don't like that smell either and i don't see many for a while. Has anyone else experienced that? Any good ideas?
    • I should’ve looked closer - I have an eyes open pic too. 😌  Tough to tell sometimes on my phone screen.  
    • Among other wilds that have moved into our urban areas, we can now add loons.  There is a breeding pair on the lake formerly known as Calhoun, mostly staying on the west and northwest sides.  But there is also a bunch of yearlings fishing the east side, numbering maybe six or seven and so unafraid that they come right up to the 36th Street dock and try to steal suckers being used for musky bait.  Maybe the call of the wild is not really so alien to the South side of Minneapolis, but it looks like the loons have moved in and can be heard calling from time to time. 
    • Sounds like you guys gave her heck up there to find them. I'd be praying thanks, too if I got that one on! ☺️
    • Quick recap:   Weather was too darn “nice”!  Upper 80’s - 90’s; no wind to speak of; mostly sunny. Water temps were anywhere from 64 - 71 depending on location and day.   We looked the lake over from end to end, marking up our map and returning to some places where we saw fish either later the same day or a couple days later.  We could literally see the transition from spawn to post spawn happening during our stay.  Being new to both muskie fishing and that lake, we spent time in dead water as much as good water but feel like we got a pretty good handle on how to go about setting up a more efficient return visit.  It was a lot work and long hours but I’d go back this weekend if I could so I must’ve enjoyed it.   A few pics as hoped for:
    • big dave 2 and leech, darn good lookin meals!!!!  Dave have a good weekend!!!!