• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

A new found passion for plastic.

JimBuck

When I was in Thorne Bros picking up some plastics I saw they had several colors of the Mister Twister Sandworm. I can't exactly remember the size, but I think it was an 8". Is this style of worm really good on bass? I liked the little legs thinking that they might give it some vibration (I don't know for sure) and the different body style was unique.

I did order some of the Mister Twister 9 1/2" ribbon tails from their web site too as Thorne Bros did not have them. I read about the larger worms before and heard guys talking about it, so I figured I would give those "baby snakes" a try. Man, those things are big.

Great info. I really enjoy reading the posts and learning.

N2B

New2Bass,

I use the Sandworm (Mr. Twister's version is a very good option) style baits a fair amount on Carolina rigs. But, where I really like them is on football jigs. The act of plowing that football along the bottom coupled with a zillion little legs unjulating seems to be a real good combo.

Giant worms I am not that big a fan of. I still like the 6 and 7 inchers better. I may have to give it a more fair shake.

Ray -

Shhhhh... on the Sandworms smile Berkley used to make a 6" Power Sand Worm that was an awesome jig trailer in the fall. Almost better than a craw sometimes on football heads too... Weird looking baits, but they do work... The Lunker City Water Widows are pretty good too...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm