• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Bros Spooling

After I go get my new Curado today from Cabelas I am going to go to Thorne Bros tomorrow to get it spooled up with some line. Do you guys at Thorne spool off of bulk spools and charge by the yard or do I just buy a 150 or 300 yard spool and you spool it?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

I was just looking around on the thorne bros HSOforum for the stealth florocarbon leaders but couldn't find them. Do they still stock them in the store? I will be making a run over there about 230 or 3 today to get all spooled up and I need a few of those leaders.

Thanks,

Ryan

thorne makes their own leaders. they do not carry stealth. the difference between a stealth leader and the ones at thorne are zero beside the name. they both use the same snaps, the same flouro leader materials, and components. brett has been makin them there for a long time and they are put together very well.

Cool, thanks for the clarification!

I've only used the Thorne leaders so I'd never really looked to see what else is there! No need to, as the Thorne leaders are great.

if you decide to get them, be sure to grab the 130# ones. they will help you decide there too, but you dont wanna accidentally grab the 80# ones. i am still using a bunch of mine from three years ago. just needed to change the snaps. awesome leaders.

The Thorne fluoro leaders are crimped only where the Stealth ones are both crimped and tied. They're both excellent fluoro leaders and the only two that I would be willing to put on the end of my line. I've been using the Stealth ones for a couple years now with nothing but great things to say about them.

Aaron