• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Twins - Sox series

mnwild

Does anyone know the major league record for runs scored in a 3 or 4 game series?? Its been 3 games so far and the Sox have scored 33 runs and knowing them they will have another double diget run total today against this horrid pitching staff we have had the last week.

The Sox have been just crushing the ball this series.

And now 7 doh!! Oh well, its June, lets just hope they can pull out of this pitching funk. Bert was pretty fired up with how they have been pitching lately, maybe he should gives the Twinks a little advice from the outside.

Too wildly erratic of a club to have any faith in, and too talented of a team to give up on. It's one series. Rip off a nice streak and they could be right back in it. It's happened before to both clubs.

Hello Boys,

Like Jack Nicholson in The Shining....I'm BACK!

Sorry to dissapoint so many of you Twinkie lovers but The Wind Meister and the Mrs. were on a short vacation to Washington DC. I had a VIP tour of the White House and The Capitol compliments of our State Senator Dick Durbin. We visited Senator Durbin in his office where his staff was having a pizza party with Barack Obama's staff, pretty wild. We met and took photos with Senator Durbin and there was even a movie star there. Kal Penn from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle was there with the Obama staff. We then went on a VIP tour of the Capitol where we got to see Senator Durbin introduce a bill in session on the rising gas prices. Pretty nice seats from the VIP gallery. Then we hung out with the Senator in his Majority Whip office, what a fantastic view from his office, great shot of the Washington Monument and he has an absolutly stunning painting of Abraham Lincoln in his office. All in all a nice little 5 day get away which was made even sweeter by my beloved sweeping those Twinks in a 4 game series.

So now I get back and find out that my boss is taking me to the Cubs game tomorrow as a reward for producing some record numbers last month. We have a skybox suite for our company and a few of our top guns will be attending, myself included in my Cutter and Buck 2005 World Series Championship White Sox golf shirt. I am warming up my Tomahawk Chop already to root on the Braves since I am a huge ABC fan...Anybody But The Cubs!

Oh well, got to run. Big day of baseball ahead tomorrow, GO BRAVES!

Windy

Windy...with all that hob-nobbing on political hill, you better watch it, or the boys from the "outdoors agenda" forum will be all over you. gringringrin

Now back to baseball. This year is all about "NFL" parity so far. How can the Sox wallop the Twins and lost to the Tigers??

dude,

I was thinking the same thing! They usually hand Verlander his hat by the 4th inning but he shut them down yesterday. I guess even a broken watch is right twice a day, right? LOL

I just found out that Kal Penn, the movie star that we met is currently in the TV series House as one of the new doctors. We watch that show all the time and did not realize that was who he was. He had this black head wrap kind of a du rag thing on so we really did not recognize him as the guy who plays Dr. Lawrence Kutner in the House series.

Windy

Limo to Wrigley, lunch at Bar Louie and then taking in the Cubbies. I didn't even mind that they won the game in extra innings. I got only got a few comments on my World Championship shirt, mostly good fun. I even found a few Sox fans at the game who gave me the thumbs up! Limo is definitly the way to get to Wrigley, that place is a zoo!

Windy

dude,

Been hitting Cass all week and had no time for baseball or posting...but to paraphrase our good buddy..."I'm Back".

Windy,

I would say you are a good luck charm for my Cubbies, but seeing as how they made it to the best record in MLB with you rooting against them, I'd rather you continue to deny the obvious. After all, I still root against your WSox and they too are in first.

Zoo? You are a novice!

dude,

6 of us brought back 429 go-homers made up of 8 species.

We got 3 limits of crappie, 6 limits of gills, 5 limits of Rockies, 3 1/2 limits of walleye, 3 1/2 limits of LMB, and 3 limits of pike, but only 2 1/2 limits of perch --- and a single ugly bullhead.

I caught smallest pike, LMB, and Rockie in our group. Maybe next year I will get largest....but don't bet on me.

Sled,

Only to excess...nyuk,nyuk.

Many-a-trip has been saved by those Rockies being in a biting mood. I've got the rep on another board that Rockies are my "go-to" fish.

Been through this a thous x's on the board: they filet and eat just like gills to us but not as sweet - no funky taste at all.