• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Limit Creek Rods

Sandmannd

How many of you folks have used these or purchased them? I used them when I've been out with Walli one and when out with Turk. I have to say, I am very impressed with the rods. So impressed that I purchased two Med/Heavy trolling rods and one smoothie. They are well work checking out in my book. Best rod I have seen for the money and I would put them against a more expensive rod any day.

I have an Ultralight panfish rod. All I can say is it's been an outstanding rod. Very sensitive, yet has a great backbone to it. It's been my go-to rod for light tackle fishing for 2 years now. It's great for pannies, and will tackle the occational slimer well with it's backbone.

When the time comes to replace my other rods, I will be seriously considering buying another limit creek. Also, don't forget about the lifetime warranty!

On their HSOforum the don't list a UL/L power rod ... do they not make them anymore? I may be looking at getting a new UL/L and would like to check one out from Limit Creek if they are available.

where does one pick up the limit creek rods. looking at getting another walleye jig rod

You can find them here Limit Creek Rods and order them online or you can click on Distrubutors and go and pick them up. If you are looking for a walleye jig rod, I would for sure go with a smoothie or if you really want some fun and one you can use as a dead stick go with a Extendable Medium-Light Power Spinning Rod. It's over 8' long. Was in the boat with Walli1 Saturday when he pulled in a 31" cat with 4lb test using that rod. That will be the next one added to my arsenal.

I have the "smoothie" and Turk's 8ft 6 rod. The smoothie is just a great all-around rod. I use mine for all types of walleye techniques - riggin, jiggin and pitching- and have even used it for crappies - both bobbering and pitching light jigs. My preferred setup is 10lb Fireline and Fluoro leader. Takes the already good smoothie sensitivity up to another level. Can't beat the rod for the money.

Lisa, I'd get the smoothie but take a serious look at the 8ft 3in rod as a rigging rod. I have both and I used the longer rod a lot this winter dragging jigs for river walleyes. Really did the job for me. I you have the $$$ I'd seriously consider getting both.

Lisa, I'd get the smoothie but take a serious look at the 8ft 3in rod as a rigging rod. I have both and I used the longer rod a lot this winter dragging jigs for river walleyes. Really did the job for me. I you have the $$$ I'd seriously consider getting both.

I'm with Mark on this. I just piked up the smoothing and have used it before. It's a great all around rod. If you are just getting one, then go with a smoothie. If you can get both of these I would do that. They are just great rods for the money.

Just check out the distributors on their HSOforum which are mostly local baitshops. They carry them at a much cheaper price than buying them online also. So no I don't know any of the big guys carrying them.

I haven't been there in a couple of years, but the bait shop just outside of Stillwater that has a cafe attached to it carries Limit Creek. Can't remember the name of the place off hand, though.

Is there a store (Cabellas, Gander, Fleet, Scheels, Sportsmans, etc) you can physically feel and look at these rods?

As stated, I don't think there are big stores that carry them yet. Our own Turk designs these rods and has them manufactured. This is another reason I love the rods. Knowing Turk, he is a great guy and to be honest, if I can get a great quality rod cheaper than others and the money goes to a guy I like and have a lot of respect for, that's a win win. Here's a list of distributors from the site.

Moore's Bait & Tackle - Minneapolis, MN (These guys are sponsers here so I can post the HSOforum) www.mooresbaitandtackle.com

Blue Ribbon Bait - Oakdale, MN

Everts Resort - Hager City, WI

Gen's Bait and Sport Shop - Amery, WI

Gregerson Ace Hardware - Baldwin, WI

Jimmy's Bait - Stillwater, MN

I bought the smoothie last year after first hearing about Limit Creek on Fishingminnesota.com. I heard such good reviews from users and then went to Limit Creek's HSOforum and exchange emails with Turk and he explained all about the rods and I was convinced.

I absolutely love this rod. The feel is off the chart and it just looks like a cool rod. I recommend Limit Creek to all my friends who are now looking for rods.