• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Benefits of High Gas Price

chasineyes

I really think that you must have just hit a lull in traffic cause in the Grand Rapids area there was a lot more trucks at the 2 public access's that I went by and all the traffic on highway 2 when I was coming home tells me that summer vacation time is under way and school is done for quite a few.

I agree high gas prices has made it great up here in Brainerd on the weekends. It doesn't take twice as long to make it across town and the lakes are no where near as busy as normal. Memorial day weekend was crazy, it kinda looked like a ghost town here with hardly any cars on the road.

I noticed the same thing coming home on Sunday from Pequot Lakes. I left during a time when I thought traffice would be terrible and it was a great drive home. Maybe it was an off weekend with school just getting done.

We'll see how it is the rest of the summer. The traffic is so horrible going north from the twin cities that we will never buy a cabin up there.
You just need to go there when the traffic isnt bad! If I go to my cabin and leave my house at 530 on a Friday, it takes me 1.5 hours to get to Forest Lake. If I leave at 630 it takes me 1 hour. And I see hardly any traffic. I live south of the metro!

In 22 years of going to the cabin, I have never said, and will never say, "The traffic is so bad that I am going to sell the cabin". Like it was posted above, go at non-peak times. If you go through the cities during rush hour, it will take extra time. I live in the south metro, and I will leave either 2-3 PM or 7-8 PM. It is 225 miles to my cabin from my place. I usually cruise during those time, and once I am up there, AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH heaven on earth.

Another benifit from high gas prices is, I no longer have to waist my time shopping for all the extra un-needed stuff, such as clothes, food, extra tackle, ect... One more thing, it doesnt take as long when I go to the store with my wife either wink

Yeah I have noticed it too. Last weekend there was barely anyone out in the Detroit Lakes area. The colder than normal water temps have kept the "recreational sports" users away too. It is great.