• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old and not so old pictures...

Well I got this new scanner and i'll be playing with and putting up some photos. I have some neat old pictures, alot I cant post as they are "stringer" shots or poor backrounds. I digress though as I have alot that are ok. I'll be adding more every few days or so.

Heres tonights 2am insomniac installment...

Circa roughly 1960. Tank and his father with a coupla bucks. Tank was about 16 at the time. The photo tells a neat story. My grandfather shot the buck and it took off crashing away. He didnt go far but when he got over to him the deer had no horns! He back-tracked a bit and found both sides. If you look carefully you can see hes holding the horns on the wrong sides for the pict...

scan0008jr8.jpg

Not only did he find both antlers along the way but the best part is they had a camera and the foresight to at least take a picture of that. We just never even bothered to take pictures of so many great fishing and hunting days as I was growing up and now with digital cameras it's so much easier. I have some older photos but like yours they are mostly stringer shots. Looking forward to some more!