• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bouncing in the boat....

riverrat56

I run an 89' Lund Rebel with a 40 hp Evinrude, tiller, with two people in the boat, it rides great, tops out at around 27-29 depending on the load in the boat. I however often fish alone...

And when I am alone in the boat, it bounces very badly once I am up on plane, even if I do not go WOT it still does it within a few hundered yards on plane. The only way to get it to stop is to slow way back down and get off plane, only to have it start again. With a person upfront it is fine, so I know that weight distrubution would fix it, but I have nothing else to move. The deep cycle battery is in the very front of the boat, as are 2 anchors and my tackle box.

Really a pain in the arse when making a long run all alone, what can I do to fix this? Differnt prop? Hydrofoil?

Thanks guys

Does this have trim and tilt? if so are you may be trimming out to far.

If it does not have trim and tilt, which holes do you have the tilt pin set in? You may have to set it in further.

There are three holes on the bottom bracket of the motor are these the trim pins? They have a bolt through them. If so it is already in the lowest of them (closest to boat as well). The motor does move, it has power assist trim which basically means it tilts up and down manually after I flip a lever, I always keep it all the way down, but have tried moving it slightly up, nothing changes.

Sounds like it is all the way down then. It would be the pin that the motor would stop at in the down position. It just may very well be a weight distribution problem. Also, is the anti-cavitation plate level with the bottom of the boat? and is the bottom of the boat flat (stern to bow) at the back of the boat? A "rocker" in the hull can cause this to.

Ahhh....thats what I thought, thanks for the help.

It is a tad lower than the boat if I remeber right, but the garage is like 40' away, and I have to go to work at 5 tomorrow and I had to much fun last night so I'll look forsure tomorrow.

How would this be adjusted other than moving the motor up?