• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Advice on buying a Tracker boat

I am looking at buying a 05' Tracker Targa with a 115 Opti on it. It looks like a nice boat, but I'm not familiar with Tracker boats. How does it compare to a Lund, Alumacraft or Crestliner? It seems like a really nice boat, just looking for some feedback. Does anyone own this boat and tell me their likes or dislikes about it.

Thanks in advance.

Jenkins Jigger

Jenkins -

I have the same boat, most likely.

Targa 18, 2005, 115 Mercury Optimax.

I bought mine new in the fall of '06.

The boat is nice. One thing I did was buy adjustable seat posts. I always felt like I was riding on the floor with the stock posts.

Also, when the boat is planed out, with 2 people, it does right at 40 mph. One thing I don't care for, is that the nose of the boat rides fairly high. Sometimes it's hard to see around the trolling motor.

So far we've had issues with the radio not working (from the getgo, warranty work), mice getting into the engine compartment and doing about $700 worth of damage (could happen to any boat) the water pressure guage went bad, and right now the fuel guage is acting screwy.

I like the fact that there's a large livewell in the back, as well as a smaller one up front. I also like the 2 baitwells.

I get out fishing around Lindstrom area about 2-3 times per month now for 3-4 hours at a time.

I'm perfectly happy with the purchase.